username5341362
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So my bff is just on her phone too damn much. Whenever she comes over too much time is spent on phones and whenever i try to start a convo it just doesnt work. I miss long convos with friends over nothing. I just wanna chat **** for hours and hours upon end but i cantttt. Whenever i mention sarcastically how i 'love that we are on our phones' she wudnt catch the sarcasm and wud literally agree w me. Honestly if i wanted to be on my damn phone scrolling ig, i wudve done it on my own. Obviously if its a long day its nice to take a break from talking but once she arrives - boom, phone. Am i ***** for thinking this? Or is this even normal to think this? Do u guys have friends that are on phones too much?
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Just be direct with her? And nah, when I'm with my friends we are usually talking **** about various things.
Laurence010401
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I used to be that friend, then I realised that I was being that friend too much, now I hardly use my phone when I’m with friends

In addition to asking the TSR community, you should directly pick this bone with your friend
username5341362
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pathway)
Just be direct with her? And nah, when I'm with my friends we are usually talking **** about various things.
Wow i am jelly. I just want her to put her damn phone down
Arthur_Morgan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Grab the phone off her and stick it in the blender.

Boom. Problem solved.
username5341362
Rep:
?
(Original post by Laurence010401)
I used to be that friend, then I realised that I was being that friend too much, now I hardly use my phone when I’m with friends

In addition to asking the TSR community, you should directly pick this bone with your friend
I will defo try. I was wondering, was this something that ur friends ever pointed out to u? How did u come to this realisation?
Laurence010401
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by nognogbumfluff)
I will defo try. I was wondering, was this something that ur friends ever pointed out to u? How did u come to this realisation?
No they didn’t point it out
I realised myself, I started to be enlightened to the fact that I wasn’t taking proper notice of them and stuff
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Wow i am jelly. I just want her to put her damn phone down
:dontknow: If you're younger, things are different. I'm in my mid-20s, we spent most of our childhoods not using phones if we were with people - doesn't mean to say I don't use my phone around my friends at all though, or vice versa. But constantly? I find that rude tbh.
username5341362
Rep:
?
(Original post by Arthur_Morgan)

Boom. Problem solved.
Dont think i would have a friend if i did that but i have definately thought it
Fermion.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Honestly just have a chat with her. She probably doesn’t even realise it bothers you so much.
Other_Owl
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Arthur_Morgan)

Boom. Problem solved.
In return loose a friend.
Second_Beauty
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
So my bff is just on her phone too damn much. Whenever she comes over too much time is spent on phones and whenever i try to start a convo it just doesnt work. I miss long convos with friends over nothing. I just wanna chat **** for hours and hours upon end but i cantttt. Whenever i mention sarcastically how i 'love that we are on our phones' she wudnt catch the sarcasm and wud literally agree w me. Honestly if i wanted to be on my damn phone scrolling ig, i wudve done it on my own. Obviously if its a long day its nice to take a break from talking but once she arrives - boom, phone. Am i ***** for thinking this? Or is this even normal to think this? Do u guys have friends that are on phones too much?
You sound like fun to be around. It’s not that big of a deal. And you can just be straight up with her and say something since you’re BFFs.
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
:console:
Does she have access to your wifi/internet? Though I'm guessing she's using data.
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Tell her how it makes you feel.
You cannot expect her to change if she doesnt even know it bothers you.
Arthur_Morgan
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Other_Owl)
In return loose a friend.
Worth it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (184)
38.33%
Take autumn exams (147)
30.63%
Look for a job (16)
3.33%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.38%
Take a year out (84)
17.5%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.83%

Watched Threads