What anime should I watch? Watch

Shadow!
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
After watching Fullmetal Alchemist and Death Note, can anyone recommend a good anime to watch. So far I've heard Rurouni and Gintama are good.

My only preference is that there is not too many episodes like 50, 60 tops ideally. Time limit to watch them you see!

Thanks all.
Rei
Badges: 1
Report 10 years ago
Full Metal Panic
Nateface
Report 10 years ago
i would of reccomended the main popular ones like bleach, naruto shippuuden and D.grayman, however all of these are over 100+ episodes and are still ongoing.
Shadow!
Rep:
?
Yeah they seem a bit long.
jabed786
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah they seem a bit long.
out of curiosity, do you like your anime epsiodes to be english dubbed, or do you want to watch them in japanese?

I love all the 'kiddy'' kind of anime like Cardcaptors, totally spies, Pokemon and Avatar if that counts.

Oh yeah that reminds me you should watch Avatar. It's not exactly Anime but it's one of my favourite cartoons. It's about 48 episodes (like around 12 episodes each season i think)
LastLordofTime
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Jabed ... Totally spies and Avatar are not Anime (They aren't "not exactly anime" ... they just aren't), and Cardcaptors isn't the name of the anime, it's Card Captor Sakura.

OP Should visit this thread - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=499137 - The Anime Society, you'll get a load of help from all of the members there.
Lenfer_cest_les_autres
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Bokusatsu Dokuru Chan (Ohopefully got that right)
or
Chobits!

They're the ones for me ^^
sarCAZm
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Cowboy Bebop = love
Fruits basket is cute :3 but I prefer the Manga, as the series stops on like, volume 10 or something ridic. But it mgiht be a touch girlie?
Definitely cowboy bebop though, as it is amazing :P
LakHani_Hasnain
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Darker than Black is great
Schmokie Dragon
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'll always recommend Neon Genesis Evangelion. I don't think it is too long . . . seven volumes with maybe five episodes on each? Plus two films. They are also remaking it in a series of four films.

Go Google it, I'm too lazy.

I also liked the GUNDAM stuff (Seed, Destiny and 00) - which is fun if you like mecha - and Ghost in the Shell. My siblings would highly recommend Full Metal Panic and Gurren Lagann
LastLordofTime
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn (sometimes written as Katekyo, sometimes just as Reborn and sometimes as Hitman Reborn), Soul Eater, Nabari No Ou, Bleach, Naruto, xxxHolic (and therefore xxxHolic Kei too), Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, Hellsing (The OVA, NOT the 13 episode series), Persona: Trinity Soul, Night Wizard.

An awesome website to check is www.anime-planet.com - You can create a list of all of the anime you want and find a list of recommendations from many people (generally you find something you liked, scroll down and there's a list of recommended anime for people who liked it). Plus, later this week the Signature creator should be back up and running (click the Anime spoiler in my sig to see what they look like, you choose your own background) so you can use that.
Airel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Clearly just watch Azumanga Daioh. 23 episodes of brain numbing for yooou.
LastLordofTime
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Airel)
Clearly just watch Azumanga Daioh. 23 episodes of brain numbing for yooou.
Azumanga Daioh, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya [sp], Lucky Star ...
vin
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
why has no one mentioned code geass :coma:
Shadow!
Rep:
?
(Original post by vin)
why has no one mentioned code geass :coma:
Thanks for the list LLoT. I tried watching Code Geass for like five episodes or so and found it kinda boring :no:

oo so much anime, so little time :woo:
-M$ [email protected]
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
elfen lied. It has only 13 episodes and it rocks. :woo:
♠٭P®ÎИ©€§§٭♠
Report 10 years ago
Bleach, Naruto, Naruto Shippuden, D-Gray Man, DMC and blood+.
vin
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Shadow!)
Thanks for the list LLoT. I tried watching Code Geass for like five episodes or so and found it kinda boring :no:

oo so much anime, so little time :woo:
its like that at first but does get really good:coma: I personally didnt like the first ep much and left it for a few weeks but got persueded to watch more
thecaterpillar
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
personally I like Inu Yasha and Vampire Hunter D. :]
Naranoc
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Gintama's hilarious, but quite long (as far as I remember) and still ongoing, so you might not like that if you're easily impatient for more.

My personal favourites include Hunter x Hunter, which really is one of the best action/adventure orientated animes out there, and pretty underrated when compared to, say, Naruto and Bleach. Great characters and a well developed storyline. The first episode's pretty cheesy, but give it a shot and watch the next few, see if you like it. At 63 episodes it'll kinda push your preferred episode limit, but I watched it at the start of the holiday in no time at all

Samurai Champloo's also pretty cool - clocks in at 26 episodes, which is just the right length. Really inventive mix between samurai swordfighting and hiphop. Unlike Hunter X Hunter, the first episode's one of the best in the series - watch it!

www.ani2d.net ---> theatre ---> samurai champloo. 20 minutes of your time well spent.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.51%
No (556)
60.9%
Not really bothered about them (188)
20.59%

Watched Threads