3 weeks before UCAT's, how long should I aim to revise?

Watch
Lisa200
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I have been practicing lately for the UCAT and have been doing it every chance i get for 2 hours, I am not 100% confident in myself and its worrying me bc i dont want it to affect my score. I just want to do well, and im 10000% ready to put the effort it and I was wondering if someone could tell me how long i should aim to revise?

PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
becausethenight any advice for OP?
Lennylen628
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi I did the ucat last year and I am doing it again this year so maybe I can help, ig it depends on you , last year I wasn't confident either but it's because I prepared for it wrong how are your preparing
Lennylen628
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
One piece of advice which is important is listen to what your body is telling you, last year I made myself do 2 hours no matter what even if I was tired hence i burnt my self out, it's okay to day half an hour a day or even nothing because it allows your brain to rest . Secondly attitude is important , a negative mindset will reflect in your score , the UCAT is hard and it's important to not give up and keep striving towards it. And one massive tip is please please please reflect on the answers you got wrong , I didn't do that last year hence I was making the same mistakes again and again and again also practise your weaknesses
Lisa200
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I have this practice book with 1250 questions and I have been working through that and i also started practicing online to get used to the exam format. Im doing okay with abstract reasoning and situational judgement. But im struggling with the rest.
becausethenight
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by PetitePanda)
becausethenight any advice for OP?
Sure! First off, have a look at this thread where everyone is discussing the UCAT, this question comes up loads, and ideally is where all UCAT discussion should be: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...post&t=6282054 ecolier might well be along to move this thread there too

Secondly, when are you taking the UCAT? Two hours a day is a lot, especially if your exam isn't for a month or more. The UCAT consortium recommend about 25-35 hours over 4-6 weeks, which to me sounds about right. I would say there's no right amount of revision - you need to get to a point where you're comfortable and confident with the format and the timings, and not burn out. Ideally, have a timetable, and revise intelligently rather than focusing on how long you've revised for - note down your scores, focus on your worst sections, identify the mistakes you make and work actively to correct them. Ultimately, you've revised for exams before, and you know what works for you.

:goodluck:

edit: I've just read the title which is "3 weeks until UCAT", lol. The rest of the advice still holds, but two hours a day probably makes more sense if you're on that kind of accelerated schedule But rest and not burning out is still important! Taking the odd day off often does more good than anything else.
Last edited by becausethenight; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (191)
33.39%
Receiving them online / by email (287)
50.17%
I still don't know (94)
16.43%

Watched Threads