User_3012
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi
I want to know if CS is like a maths degree? which I have dropped, but I am interested in this course.

1)I would like to know if you learn any proofs? And if so how much proofs do you learn?
(I don’t like proofs)
2)What is the math like and can someone share me an example of a question?

Btw I don’t hate maths, in fact it is my favourite subject but there are some things I don’t like such as statistics and proofs.
Thank you
Last edited by User_3012; 3 weeks ago
JohnB1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi there. Although there is some maths within a CS degree, there is no comparison. When I took my CS degree (quite a few years ago though!) I only undertook one maths module which wasn't particularly challenging. It concentrated more on set theory from what I can remember. This is only a small part of the course, and so if you enjoy maths anyway then I'm sure that you won't have a problem with the course content. You should be able to see a list of modules on the university website. Each university may be slightly different though. Take care and stay safe.
User_3012
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by JohnB1)
Hi there. Although there is some maths within a CS degree, there is no comparison. When I took my CS degree (quite a few years ago though!) I only undertook one maths module which wasn't particularly challenging. It concentrated more on set theory from what I can remember. This is only a small part of the course, and so if you enjoy maths anyway then I'm sure that you won't have a problem with the course content. You should be able to see a list of modules on the university website. Each university may be slightly different though. Take care and stay safe.
Thanks a lot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (184)
38.25%
Take autumn exams (148)
30.77%
Look for a job (16)
3.33%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.37%
Take a year out (84)
17.46%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.82%

Watched Threads