No idea what to do next regarding college.

Watch
JustAnd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hiya

So because of personal issues over the course of my stay at high school, my grades fell short and now that i'm discovering what i'm interested in and what i want to do as a career, its kinda too late to do anything to change it, i don't want to be near anyone from my high school, and i don't want to have to waste two years of my life doing resits being miserable; so resits aren't a option, no college wants to accept me into a levels because of my grades, same for btechs.

I heard about self studying or distance learning but i don't know if that's something i can do considering only i'm 16 however, i am still open to the idea.

My options are rapidly shutting themselves off, i don't know what to do.
JohnB1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The legal requirement is that you remain in full time education until you are 18 years old. Therefore I don't think that self study will count. You also say that you don't want to do resits - therefore I guess that A levels and the BTEC will be unavailable, as you will not be able to gain the grades to enable you to access these courses. Have you considered an apprenticeship? You say that you are starting to understand what you want to do - do you need higher level qualifications to follow this career path? If so, then it may be worth reconsidering the option of resits. You could do the resits at college rather than school if you want a change of scenery! Take care and stay safe.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (184)
38.33%
Take autumn exams (147)
30.63%
Look for a job (16)
3.33%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.38%
Take a year out (84)
17.5%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.83%

Watched Threads