What are your COVID-19 prevention measures during lockdown/a peak of the virus?

Watch
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I think mine are the most insane among everyone on TSR. Here they are:
1. We did not eat out for 4 months during the first 2 waves of the virus. Because of a third wave, we will not eat out again until September.
2. We wear our shoes outside home.
3. We clean our floor every day.
4. We have to wash our hands before and after touching anything.
5. We wear a mask when going out since January when the first case is confirmed.
6. I have two periods of 30+ days without using any public transport, one for each wave of the virus. There is a third period if it allows.
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Mine are just not going out if I dont have to, and wearing masks and social distancing when I do.

Erm, may I question you about #2? I would assume that most people wear shoes outside their home, but aside from that, how is that going to keep you from catching Covid? :lol:
Kk1999
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 8013)
1. We did not eat out for 4 months during the first 2 waves of the virus. Because of a third wave, we will not eat out again until September.
2. We wear our shoes outside home.
3. We clean our floor every day.
4. We have to wash our hands before and after touching anything.
5. We wear a mask when going out since January when the first case is confirmed.
6. I have two periods of 30+ days without using any public transport, one for each wave of the virus. There is a third period if it allows.
First, Lockdown and Covid hasn't affected me cuz I never left my University's Campus for the whole year and ever since we heard about the pandemic the Uni gates are locked.

The only thing is Im worried about my hands and others. I don't get along with anyone.... maintain a distance.

Wash my hands regularly and every time I get a doubt...
physicsamor
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That's not the most extreme it's fairly reasonable.

I wouldn't eat inside a restaurant but I have been getting takeaways.

I agree with the public transport, however I've had no choice to get on it because I cannot afford an uber and had hospital appointments. And now that I'm back to work and it's so close contact with patients I feel less worried about using public transport but I will avoid the underground.

The shoes one is quite common for a lot of families even pre covid.

I try to sanitise my hands often and sanitise my phone.

I guess all I really do is wear gloves and a mask on public transport and I make my route longer on purpose for example overground and national rail tend to be less busy and so I rather use that. I don't like using buses and definitely not tubes. So I'll try to walk morem

Wear a mask when going into town

Social distance and avoid crowds
Last edited by physicsamor; 3 weeks ago
Justvisited
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 8013)
What makes you think/say that we've already have 2 waves of it? If so, when did the first one end and the second one begin, and how do you determine the boundary?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (184)
38.25%
Take autumn exams (148)
30.77%
Look for a job (16)
3.33%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.37%
Take a year out (84)
17.46%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.82%

Watched Threads