UK let's get going Campaign

Watch
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Shouldn't it be named, going anywhere will be much more difficult!? 🙄 😂Name:  Screenshot_20200713_074133_com.android.chrome.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  285.5 KB
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Nah. We're winning mate! We've shown those EU Johnny Foreigners whose boss and as we speak a new trade deal is being finalised with the might of our favourite moderate Middle Easten dictatorship of Turkey.

Yep, from next year you will once again be able to buy cheap tumble driers that burn your house down. Yipeee!

Progress!
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
Nah. We're winning mate! We've shown those EU Johnny Foreigners whose boss and as we speak a new trade deal is being finalised with the might of our favourite moderate Middle Easten dictatorship of Turkey.

Yep, from next year you will once again be able to buy cheap tumble driers that burn your house down. Yipeee!

Progress!
😂😂 This is interesting... Could the EU get Britain to potentially take refugees for financial passporting access......... 😂 That would definitely be a Turkey plus agreement 👍👍🙏👀🚶.
Calibrated.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It is absurd how they are trying to spin more bureaucracy, red tape and form filling as a positive thing.

The Conservatives and those who voted for them really do love big bloated government.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
😂😂 This is interesting... Could the EU get Britain to potentially take refugees for financial passporting access......... 😂 That would definitely be a Turkey plus agreement 👍👍🙏👀🚶.
Anythings possible. But just like when we were in the EU, our elected government had to agree first.

Still I am really excited at the prospect of doing new deals with the likes of Turkey and Lebanon now we have lost free access to the single biggest market in the world.

Still, it could be worse. We could be doing a deal that brings chlorinated chicken and GM hormone beef to our shores... oh wait!
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Anythings possible. But just like when we were in the EU, our elected government had to agree first.

Still I am really excited at the prospect of doing new deals with the likes of Turkey and Lebanon now we have lost free access to the single biggest market in the world.

Still, it could be worse. We could be doing a deal that brings chlorinated chicken and GM hormone beef to our shores... oh wait!
Mmm Lebanese wine though.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
Mmm Lebanese wine though.
Is that even a thing or is it on the same shelf as Goulash, fermented cabbage and other regional, local delicacies that are only appreciated by those who were force fed them from birth because they evoke childhood nostalgia?
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Is that even a thing or is it on the same shelf as Goulash, fermented cabbage and other regional, local delicacies that are only appreciated by those who were force fed them from birth because they evoke childhood nostalgia?
Lebanese wine is widely accepted as one of the best in the world...
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
Really i figured french wine more of a UK hit...........
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Hey, a good Goulash....lol....can be quite tasty.....i think we should leave it out of political infighting lmao.
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Really i figured french wine more of a UK hit...........
Oh yeah definitely, Lebanese has a somewhat more limited market but a nice Chateaux Ksara can happily rival some of the best Clarets
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
Oh yeah definitely, Lebanese has a somewhat more limited market but a nice Chateaux Ksara can happily rival some of the best Clarets
Sound's like we have our first candidate for post brexit substitute goods lmao 😂.
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Sound's like we have our first candidate for post brexit substitute goods lmao 😂.
European meats and cheeses could be trickier though
Alas boiled cabbage it is... or some american muck
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
European meats and cheeses could be trickier though
Alas boiled cabbage it is... or some american muck
I'm not sure America would be such a willing partner to drop tariffs and really create a free trade area, as much as the government expects.... Just my American sense tells me America would be looking for a very beneficial deal instead... Very much so what it sees as a weak partner... The US...UK bullying has been going on since the Suez Canal in the 1950s... 😂 I don't think that exertion of power ends just because the UK comes asking alone and disconnected from it's nearest neighbours.

The US will likely give the UK a deal that involves signing up to alot of other stuff it may not want.
Last edited by Realitysreflexx; 2 weeks ago
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm not sure America would be such a willing partner to drop tariffs and really create a free trade area, as much as the government expects.... Just my American sense tells me America would be looking for a very beneficial deal instead... Very much so what it sees as a weak partner... The US...UK bullying has been going on since the Suez Canal in the 1950s... 😂 I don't think that exertion of power ends just because the UK comes asking alone and disconnected from it's nearest neighbours.

The US will likely give the UK a deal that involves signing up to alot of other stuff it may not want.
Aye i suspect you're right. But aside from farm dumping and getting their fingers into the NHS tenders system i imagine the rest could be relatively easily to haggle out.
American wine could be interesting, i hear they do make some great ones. Unfortunately the stuff they sell at the moment i would sooner drink piss than that sugary grape juice :lol:
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
Aye i suspect you're right. But aside from farm dumping and getting their fingers into the NHS tenders system i imagine the rest could be relatively easily to haggle out.
American wine could be interesting, i hear they do make some great ones. Unfortunately the stuff they sell at the moment i would sooner drink piss than that sugary grape juice :lol:
We do ok with liquor and maybe some california/texas wines... 😂
NJA
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Is Boris encouraging workers to return to the office really just because commercial land and property owners fear their incomes look under threat?

Home-working is safer from a Covid-perspective and general health, helps pollution and the London housing shortage.
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
(Original post by NJA)
Is Boris encouraging workers to return to the office really just because commercial land and property owners fear their incomes look under threat?

Home-working is safer from a Covid-perspective and general health, helps pollution and the London housing shortage.
I'm hoping i convince my University to let me come pick up my degree now. 😂 So this comes at a very opportune time out of self interest.

But in all reality it's just more confusing guidance. Even if people are forced to the office... You can't make them more risky. They won't just revert back to normal spending alone out of fears for their job's.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
Inuit feel the same about whale blubber burried in the ground and left to rot for 6 months! 😂😂

I'm sure you are right. But if you ask me, wine is either drinkable or not. All the mystic around wine is marketing hype if you ask me. It's only ferminted grape juice after all!
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Inuit feel the same about whale blubber burried in the ground and left to rot for 6 months! 😂😂

I'm sure you are right. But if you ask me, wine is either drinkable or not. All the mystic around wine is marketing hype if you ask me. It's only ferminted grape juice after all!
Disgusting.
Mmm too a point you're right but theres also a vast difference in quality, like the acidic paint stripper you get for $5 a bottle vs. a lovely Pinot Noir for $20
... i may or may not have a love of wine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (86)
39.09%
Take autumn exams (72)
32.73%
Look for a job (6)
2.73%
Consider an apprenticeship (8)
3.64%
Take a year out (34)
15.45%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
6.36%

Watched Threads