UK let's get going Campaign

Watch
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by NJA)
Is Boris encouraging workers to return to the office really just because commercial land and property owners fear their incomes look under threat?

Home-working is safer from a Covid-perspective and general health, helps pollution and the London housing shortage.
I think it's a fear that more jobs in sandwich/coffee places in the near future, more than property issues. Though if he'd really cared about jobs in places such as Pret a Manger that are largely staffed by people from the EU, he should not have campaigned for Brexit.

More home working would also contribute to the Conservative wish to re-balance the economy, as fewer people would be moving south to be near London for work. There are several people where I work (now working from home) who are from the north west.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
Disgusting.
Mmm too a point you're right but theres also a vast difference in quality, like the acidic paint stripper you get for $5 a bottle vs. a lovely Pinot Noir for $20
... i may or may not have a love of wine
Agreed. It is the £500 a bottle stuff that perplexes me. I would suggest it is £20 of wine and £480 of vanity.
Gundabad(good)
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
Shouldn't it be named, going anywhere will be much more difficult!? 🙄 😂Attachment 928362
There's going to be gridlock!
Last edited by Gundabad(good); 3 weeks ago
imlikeahermit
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
Nah. We're winning mate! We've shown those EU Johnny Foreigners whose boss and as we speak a new trade deal is being finalised with the might of our favourite moderate Middle Easten dictatorship of Turkey.

Yep, from next year you will once again be able to buy cheap tumble driers that burn your house down. Yipeee!

Progress!
(Original post by ByEeek)
Anythings possible. But just like when we were in the EU, our elected government had to agree first.

Still I am really excited at the prospect of doing new deals with the likes of Turkey and Lebanon now we have lost free access to the single biggest market in the world.

Still, it could be worse. We could be doing a deal that brings chlorinated chicken and GM hormone beef to our shores... oh wait!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (37)
23.72%
Better than expected (35)
22.44%
Worse than expected (84)
53.85%

Watched Threads