How to lose weight from home over summer?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Can’t leave the house for a while because a family member is ill, but can anyone recommend any home workouts, diets, etc? I’m looking to lose maybe half a stone or more if possible.
AnnaKo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I would recommend cutting back on carbs and sugars and upping fibrous plants food wise. I'm currently in a similar state and have found doing some intensive yoga daily is really helping. You don't need much space, you don't need to have done it before as many tutorials give pretty good instructions, and you can find things that are both challenging and comfortable.
SkrillaWave
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi there, I know quite abit about losing "weight". Your goal shouldn't be to lose weight but fat. Otherwise your body will still look soft.

The number one rule for weight loss is you have to be eating less calories than your body requires. The diet is about 80% of losing weight. Doesn't matter how hard you excercise, if you have a bad diet you will never lose fat, so try and focus most of your attention on that. So I do agree with the person above me in that sense that you should replace your more dense carbs (bread, rice, pasta etc) with volume dense vegetables. Also try to eat more protein as it has a higher thermogenic effect ( It takes more calories to burn than say for carbs or fats).

Secondly get in some exercise, whether that push ups or a 30 minute walk. Don't be afraid of doing weights as these will actually help you keep your muscle as your body loses the fat.

Last but not least, don't dive into it. Take it slow. Its better to lose weight slowly than to not lose it at all. Weight yourself each day/week and find and average. Repeat this every week to see if you are losing weight or not.
Jshster
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
kjl
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AnnaKo)
I would recommend cutting back on carbs and sugars and upping fibrous plants food wise. I'm currently in a similar state and have found doing some intensive yoga daily is really helping. You don't need much space, you don't need to have done it before as many tutorials give pretty good instructions, and you can find things that are both challenging and comfortable.
Sugars are carbohydrates! You mean refined sugars and starches.
Chickennoodle280
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, I highly recommend slimming world!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (115)
25.9%
Better than expected (92)
20.72%
Worse than expected (237)
53.38%

Watched Threads