non uniform from september

Watch
blobfish123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
hey guys so im going into year 10 this year but our school has scrapped uniform bc of corona (want us to wash our clothes every day). obvs many are really happy but tbh im just a bit meh about it bc i have like rly old untrendy clothes. i literally have no idea of outfits to wear. i've added some things to my pretty little thing basket- just a hoodie and a couple of pairs of leggings. wanna order some jeans but then idk what's in trend r not- like r skinny jeans a no or yes? so yh guys pls could you guive me some outfit ideas- esp from pretty little thing as im about to make an order. also i dont wanna stand out too much so j some basic sorta thing
Last edited by blobfish123; 3 weeks ago
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by blobfish123)
hey guys so im going into year 10 this year but our school has scrapped uniform. obvs many are really happy but tbh im just a bit meh about it bc i have like rly old untrendy clothes. i literally have no idea of outfits to wear. i've added some things to my pretty little thing basket- just a hoodie and a couple of pairs of leggings. wanna order some jeans but then idk what's in trend r not- like r skinny jeans a no or yes? so yh guys pls could you guive me some outfit ideas- esp from pretty little thing as im about to make an order. i dont wanna stand out too mcuh so j some basic sorta thinsg
Wear what you are comfortable in. Don't wear things because you think other people want you to wear them. Sure, everyone will be a bit obsessed with outfits for the first week or so, but after that, people will stop being bothered to make such an effort and just come in what's comfortable. If you wear things you don't like/don't feel comfortable in then you won't be able to focus on what's important - your school work.
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
hey guys so im going into year 10 this year but our school has scrapped uniform. obvs many are really happy but tbh im just a bit meh about it bc i have like rly old untrendy clothes. i literally have no idea of outfits to wear. i've added some things to my pretty little thing basket- just a hoodie and a couple of pairs of leggings. wanna order some jeans but then idk what's in trend r not- like r skinny jeans a no or yes? so yh guys pls could you guive me some outfit ideas- esp from pretty little thing as im about to make an order. i dont wanna stand out too mcuh so j some basic sorta thinsg
Such a bad idea from yiur headteacher as well. Students will start worrying just like you are. That's one reason why schools should have a uniform. And all the top schools have school uniform!
blobfish123
Rep:
?
thanks so much guys. i do think everyone only really cares what they are wearing themselves, people don't even pay attention or think about what others are wearing. idk i just think too much and ppl my age can be kinda judgy.

this has made me realise how important uniform is in our society- it makes everyone equal in many aspects.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I am with the person who has stated the benefits of uniform.

Please have some dignity and don't wear leggings. Even if you are one of the 5% who look vaguely reasonable in them, it will only encourage the 95% who look an awful sight. Those who let them wear thin so we can see their underwear. I have never worked out whether leggings or grey jogging bottoms (especially on men) look worse. Any pair of jeans will be better.
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
thanks so much guys. i do think everyone only really cares what they are wearing themselves, people don't even pay attention or think about what others are wearing. idk i just think too much and ppl my age can be kinda judgy.
Agree with the users above! Really, no one cares what anyone else is wearing, unless you decide to come in an Inflatable dinosaur costume or something.

I just buy whatever I genuinely like and think will suit me, and I’m sure others do too. Be confident in your own style
libbyab
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
hey, id get some staples for example, a pair of mom jeans, a pair of skinny jeans, some sweatpants and some oversized graphic shirts and some cute other shirts. then you can just mix and match these.

^thats only if the school isn't saying it has to be professional/ smart wear
Last edited by libbyab; 3 weeks ago
blobfish123
Rep:
?
(Original post by barnetlad)
I am with the person who has stated the benefits of uniform.

Please have some dignity and don't wear leggings. Even if you are one of the 5% who look vaguely reasonable in them, it will only encourage the 95% who look an awful sight. Those who let them wear thin so we can see their underwear. I halolve never worked out whether leggings or grey jogging bottoms (especially on men) look worse. Any pair of jeans will be better.
loll noo i love leggings haha
blobfish123
Rep:
?
(Original post by libbyab)
hey, id get some staples for example, a pair of mom jeans, a pair of skinny jeans, some sweatpants and some oversized graphic shirts and some cute other shirts. then you can just mix and match these.

^thats only if the school isn't saying it has to be professional/ smart wear
tyy i'll defo do that
blobfish123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
Agree with the users above! Really, no one cares what anyone else is wearing, unless you decide to come in an Inflatable dinosaur costume or something.

I just buy whatever I genuinely like and think will suit me, and I’m sure others do too. Be confident in your own style
uno what i might go to school in an infaltable dinosaur costume on the frist day
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
uno what i might go to school in an infaltable dinosaur costume on the frist day
Go for it :lol:
Fermion.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I went to a non uniform school and just got a couple of hoodies, jumpers and some skinny jeans. That did me well all throughout. Doesn’t need to be anything fancy at all, just wear what you’re most comfortable in
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
tyy i'll defo do that
Whatever you buy make sure it is comfortable to sit in all day. If your jeans are too tight then climbing stairs will be tricky.

Do you know why uniform was scrapped? Most schools seem to be making their uniform more formal - swapping polo shirts for collared shirts and ties.
blobfish123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
Whatever you buy make sure it is comfortable to sit in all day. If your jeans are too tight then climbing stairs will be tricky.

Do you know why uniform was scrapped? Most schools seem to be making their uniform more formal - swapping polo shirts for collared shirts and ties.
bc of covid they want us to wash our clothes everyday. personally i think we shoudl j wash our uniform evreyday but hey ho
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
bc of covid they want us to wash our clothes everyday. personally i think we shoudl j wash our uniform evreyday but hey ho
Oh I see - we're not doing that. Quite demanding for parents if they have several children to do that ...
blobfish123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
Oh I see - we're not doing that. Quite demanding for parents if they have several chilydren to do that ...
yh defo, and the cost especially. they are going to review it in jan so its still three months for sure
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (185)
38.38%
Take autumn exams (148)
30.71%
Look for a job (16)
3.32%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.36%
Take a year out (84)
17.43%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.81%

Watched Threads