khakigreen20
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i have finished year 11 and have decided i want to study veterinary medicine at uni however the amount of work experience sounds a lot (liverpool 10 weeks)
so i was wondering does one week of work experience mean 7 full days as in 7 saturdays or can it be like working afterschool everyday for a week?

also do you have any advice
thanks
TheWannabeFarmer
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You will be able to find the requirements of each individual university and how they count experience on their websites

But as a general rule a working week is 5 days and each day is typically 8 hours long (you can't count a lunch break as an hour)

So if you were doing things after school chances are a week of that would only equal a day.

Liverpool I believe have actually lowered their work experience requirements (pre-covid)

Veterinary medicine does require a lot of work experience - but this is nothing compared to the work of the degree, I would strongly consider if you want to commit to the career/application process before you start as it will be a waste of effort to submit an application that isn't the best it can be and get rejected.

Most work experience must be within 18 months (pending uni) of application date - so consider when you would be applying and if it will fall within the bracket otherwise whilst good experience on paper you may be left with few weeks.
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by khakigreen20)
i have finished year 11 and have decided i want to study veterinary medicine at uni however the amount of work experience sounds a lot (liverpool 10 weeks)
so i was wondering does one week of work experience mean 7 full days as in 7 saturdays or can it be like working afterschool everyday for a week?

also do you have any advice
thanks
Liverpool hasn't required 10 weeks for quite a while. Make sure you look at the individual uni websites rather than some out of date combined doc circulating the internet
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (84)
25.15%
Better than expected (72)
21.56%
Worse than expected (178)
53.29%

Watched Threads