alevel20203
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi there I'm currently studying media, English language and English literature for a level. I'm really unsure what I'd like to do as a career but I really enjoy media and am thinking of taking it forward, I feel English would be very complex at university and isn't what I could see myself doing. Could anyone possibly suggest uni courses (2021) (that aren't just English or media) that are broad, allowing me to have many job options after graduation. Thank you.
Last edited by alevel20203; 4 weeks ago
mike23mike
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How about doing a joint degree? Look at the joint Business Studies and Media degree at Stirling as an example. This will give you options in a career in Business or in Media. If Stirling is too remote have a look at this one from Bath-spa or Media and Marketing at London Met.
Dechante
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by alevel20203)
Hi there I'm currently studying media, English language and English literature for a level. I'm really unsure what I'd like to do as a career but I really enjoy media and am thinking of taking it forward. Could anyone possibly suggest uni courses (that aren't just English or media) that are broad, allowing me to have many job options after graduation. Thank you.
Due to your A levels you have a slight less choice of career options as they are more or less linked. However these are careers I would say you could look at but I'm not really sure of the prospects:
Business/Marketing
Law
Sociology
Linguistics
Social work maybe??
Then obviously English or media (however, there aren't really jobs in journalism or media anymore )
alevel20203
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mike23mike)
How about doing a joint degree? Look at the joint Business Studies and Media degree at Stirling as an example. This will give you options in a career in Business or in Media. If Stirling is too remote have a look at this one from Bath-spa or Media and Marketing at London Met.
The London Met one looks very suitable for but the only bad thing is that London will be very far away from me (around Leicester) as I would want to come home for most weekends, I assume the costs of accommodation would also be very high. Is there more joint degree courses you can find?
mike23mike
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by alevel20203)
The London Met one looks very suitable for but the only bad thing is that London will be very far away from me (around Leicester) as I would want to come home for most weekends, I assume the costs of accommodation would also be very high. Is there more joint degree courses you can find?
Hi, there are lots of unis offering joint degrees. I just looked for "business and media" joint degrees but I am not sure what subjects you are interested in so it may be better if you have a look. Just type in the name of the joint degrees you fancy doing into google and lots of unis will pop up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (82)
25.08%
Better than expected (70)
21.41%
Worse than expected (175)
53.52%

Watched Threads