Getting a sick note for work by coming off medication

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi, so long story short I was diagnosed with OCD last year which requires me to take a year off from university in which I worked at Tesco until going back to Liverpool and finishing my degree. Since then I have been in anti depressants and am pleased to say I do not feel like I need them anymore. I’m going to do it this week but have been warned of all of the side effects I could expect when doing this. As such, I feel I need to take the weekend off work this week to allow me ample time to get used to the side effects. Could I get a sick note for this reason and do work have to give me it off? I still work at Tesco btw. Thanks!
username5343908
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, so long story short I was diagnosed with OCD last year which requires me to take a year off from university in which I worked at Tesco until going back to Liverpool and finishing my degree. Since then I have been in anti depressants and am pleased to say I do not feel like I need them anymore. I’m going to do it this week but have been warned of all of the side effects I could expect when doing this. As such, I feel I need to take the weekend off work this week to allow me ample time to get used to the side effects. Could I get a sick note for this reason and do work have to give me it off? I still work at Tesco btw. Thanks!
Probably best to speak to your GP as they can offer specific advice for you and how to manage the side effects. You can ask if they feel you'd be best taking time off over the weekend. You can also ask them to write you a note but it may be considered a private note so you'd have to pay for it.

Saying all this, I took myself off anti-depressants and personally didn't feel any side effects from doing so. I sort of weened myself off them over time by simply forgetting to take them lol. But I've read that weening off medication is the best way reduce any impact on your mood etc. that may happen.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (188)
38.6%
Take autumn exams (149)
30.6%
Look for a job (17)
3.49%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.31%
Take a year out (84)
17.25%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise