RobElliot
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I hold a firm offer of A*AA and an insurance of AAB but am not 100% with my firm offer so I will be looking for adjustment/clearing. Ive been told that I could adjust 'sideways' to another offer of A*AA but the rules of adjustment state that you need to exceed your firm choice so will I have to swap my firm and insurance to do this?
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by RobElliot)
I hold a firm offer of A*AA and an insurance of AAB but am not 100% with my firm offer so I will be looking for adjustment/clearing. Ive been told that I could adjust 'sideways' to another offer of A*AA but the rules of adjustment state that you need to exceed your firm choice so will I have to swap my firm and insurance to do this?
To use adjustment your grades would have to get better than A*AA ie A*A*A or higher. You could use clearing but have to give your offers up first. There is also the question what universities will be available in clearing/adjustment because some wont be.
RobElliot
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
To use adjustment your grades would have to get better than A*AA ie A*A*A or higher. You could use clearing but have to give your offers up first. There is also the question what universities will be available in clearing/adjustment because some wont
So could I not ring up other universities whilst I hold my offers and ask whether they'd take me on as I would agree to decline my offers? and I assume that the courses/unis available in adjustment will also be available in clearing?
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by RobElliot)
So could I not ring up other universities whilst I hold my offers and ask whether they'd take me on as I would agree to decline my offers? and I assume that the courses/unis available in adjustment will also be available in clearing?
Technically no they are not meant to discuss giving you an offer whilst you are holding another. This is a commitment they make under UCAS. Whether they will do is another issue and only they can answer that. There is also the issue that many courses at A*AA might not have spaces. Where are you looking at and for what subject.
RobElliot
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
Technically no they are not meant to discuss giving you an offer whilst you are holding another. This is a commitment they make under UCAS. Whether they will do is another issue and only they can answer that. There is also the issue that many courses at A*AA might not have spaces. Where are you looking at and for what subject.
I am applying for engineering mainly mechanical and at the moment I know that Leeds, Southampton and Sheffield are in clearing so I assume they'll have spaces, I have firmed durham for A*AA and insured Birmingham for AAB so im thinking of swapping this for the opportunity of adjustment
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (190)
38.62%
Take autumn exams (151)
30.69%
Look for a job (17)
3.46%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.27%
Take a year out (85)
17.28%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed