Ugly university degree certificates

Watch
Sentenced_to
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I think that most of the USA University degree certificates with the terrible combination of curved text (usually for the institution name) and Gothic fonts, are cringeworthy fugly or at least really boring.

Here is Saul Goodman's admirable achievment, for example:

Name:  Saul Goodman.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  134.7 KB

Do you care about how your certificate looks?
Arctic Kitten
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Not really. But I think a certificate should be clear and easy to read, as with most document (in Times New Roman or Calibri fonts) and reasonably spaced.
That is an ugly certificate that is difficult to read. I can accept curvy name, but those block of text... pls use sth better
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
:ditto:
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Most U.K. universities now use their coats of arms on certificates but about 20 years ago there was a phase of universities “getting down with the kids” by putting trendy logos on degree certificates.

Unfortunately nothing dates more than a logo that used to be trendy.

I think a Southampton Solent’s certificate still looks as though the registrar has spilt some red ink on it when preparing the certificate.
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Meh the only objection i have to my degree certificate was the unis attempt to change the name on it, although now i come to think of it both my unis tried this... cheeky sods.

Aside from that, meh...
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah, lots of crowded Ye Olde Fonte script is cringe and makes it look like you've obtained your degree from a diploma mill. Less is more in this case.

Obviously very appropriate for Saul Goodman though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (114)
25.85%
Better than expected (92)
20.86%
Worse than expected (235)
53.29%

Watched Threads