Room divide ideas , parents not letting me have my own room, sharing with sisters

Watch
Hannah0505
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So I made a thread like this a week ago.To summaries we're moving houses and there is a spare room but my parents aren't letting me have it and i have to share with my younger sisters. I'm 14 turning 15 in a couple months btw.
Fastfoward to yesterday, my parents were very nearly (or my mum was very nearly) letting me have my own room but then we were having a family barbeque and my aunts and uncles were all with us (obviously because theyre our family) but anyways one of my aunts are also moving houses and her new house has like 5 bedrooms and we assumed that her 3 sons (my cousins) aged 17, 15, and 5 would have their own rooms. However my aunt was like they're all sharing and there is no way theyre having their own rooms so my mum agreed with my aunts and is making me share with my sisters and my brother gets his own room.
So if you have any advice on how to split a room so I can have my own private room inside a room please tell me how. Also keep in mind we will be having our wardrobes, vanity, beds etc so there has to be space for all that. We have the masters which isnt that big but its big enough, its sort of a rectangle with an awkward cupboard in with shelves and a boiler.
Also if you have any ways of persuading my parents to have my own room down the line, feel free to share because I havent given up yet
Last edited by Hannah0505; 3 weeks ago
Arctic Kitten
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Eh you can try a shoji (a japanese separation door) so you guys won't see each other. It can be bent and you can position it however you like. Quite cheap also.
If you are a family person and will be back regularly when you go to uni/ work etc, I think you should try to convince your mom to have your own room. Spending 5-10 yrs in a shared room is really tiring, especially if it's a small room.
Else just stay with your sister. My family also move house when I was 15, and I planned to move out at 16 and stay at uni most of the time so I agree to share, but it feels like I'm staying over at someone else house every time I'm back.
Like this
Last edited by Arctic Kitten; 3 weeks ago
Hannah0505
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Arctic Kitten)
Eh you can try a shoji (a japanese separation door) so you guys won't see each other. It can be bent and you can position it however you like. Quite cheap also.
If you are a family person and will be back regularly when you go to uni/ work etc, I think you should try to convince your mom to have your own room. Spending 5-10 yrs in a shared room is really tiring, especially if it's a small room.
Else just stay with your sister. My family also move house when I was 15, and I planned to move out at 16 and stay at uni most of the time so I agree to share, but it feels like I'm staying over at someone else house every time I'm back.
Like this
Thanks for the suggestion! And yeah, if my parents wont let me have my own room Ill probably just move out when im 18
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (74)
40.44%
Take autumn exams (61)
33.33%
Look for a job (5)
2.73%
Consider an apprenticeship (6)
3.28%
Take a year out (26)
14.21%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (11)
6.01%

Watched Threads