Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey im 18 just wondering what type of jobs i can apply for got A levels, prepared to work day or nights. No silly answers rep available. Just wondering any places i should try aswell?

ReputationRep:
    local pubs/clubs etc...working behind a bar isnt bad

oops, just assuming you meant part time sorta work when you might not mean that...

ReputationRep:
    Well now you have A levels, there are loads of doors open to you.

What sort of area are you intrested in working in? Travel? Retail? Banking?
    And what were you A levels in?
    Are you looking for part time full time?
    Are you going to be studying too?
    - It might help people come up with some appropriate suggestions.

ReputationRep:
    Do you want a job for the future or a job for now as in anything?

ReputationRep:
    That's a pretty vague question, don't you think?

ReputationRep:
    Trainee Construction Manager, Trainee Quantity Surveyor, Apprenticeships, A level Options Scheme with Tesco, Retail Management Trainee Programmes, Engineering Apprenticeships, Civil Engineering, Construction, Rail, Electrical Engineering, Carpentry & Joinery, Bricklaying, Painting & Decorating and Plumbing, Retail Management Development Programme (John Lewis/Marks and Spencer), BT apprenticeships, etcetc

ReputationRep:
    hmm thanks for dem so far ive got A levels in
    Law, economics, business, i.c.t - im looking for full time something for now and the future. depends how much i like it mostly now as im on a gap year i havnt had much luck so far thanks for the lists so far

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried buying a local paper advertising job vacancies?

ReputationRep:
    not yet lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juggy123)
    not yet lol
    so instead of doing all the obvious things
    you came to waste more time on the internets, offering rep (in your case worthless) and asking at 3.30 am for advice on a forum...
    wow

ReputationRep:
    well ive tried applying online to alot of jobs well thanks lu means alot and no thanks fiery woteva bull

ReputationRep:
    Best way to get a job is to go on yell.com type in "pub" your local area and just call until someone says "yeah we have jobs" a pub is a decent place to work until you find something that really interests you....helps your social skills as well.

ReputationRep:
    Depends what you fancy doing. My mate worked in a betting shop for a year and absolutely loved it, as he's a gambler himself.

ReputationRep:
    how about applying for a position on the astronaught team for the next NASA space expedition to mars? i heard the salary is quite good and you get extra company benefits such as a toy spacecraft, free meals etc. go for it, you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juggy123)
    Hey im 18 just wondering what type of jobs i can apply for got A levels, prepared to work day or nights. No silly answers rep available. Just wondering any places i should try aswell?
    When I started to look for a job two years ago I realised that most jobs go into roughly three categories.

Store work

Restaurant work

Pub work.

I narrowed it down with personal pros and cons (i.e would love to learn to waitress, but am complete and utter clutz, so no restaurant work) to working in my local Cooperative. Rubbish work, but it still pays.

Eventually you will figure what you really want to do (my brother took 4 years between college and uni because he didn't know what to do, but then kinda fell into Snowboarding professionally, but needed a Buisness Degree to get any higher up the ladder). Meanwhile theres a huge amount of stuff.

My bf is a lifeguard, fairly easy to train, usually about 100 pounds (i think) for a six day course and monthly updates but the pay is immense and the hours are extremely flexable.

ReputationRep:
    oh come on, any of you four want to admit to the anonymous neg reps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lu-x)
    Trainee Construction Manager, Trainee Quantity Surveyor, Apprenticeships, A level Options Scheme with Tesco, Retail Management Trainee Programmes, Engineering Apprenticeships, Civil Engineering, Construction, Rail, Electrical Engineering, Carpentry & Joinery, Bricklaying, Painting & Decorating and Plumbing, Retail Management Development Programme (John Lewis/Marks and Spencer), BT apprenticeships, etcetc

You need a degree to become a civil engineer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharp910sh)
    You need a degree to become a civil engineer.
    Balfour Beatty were offering opportunities in civil engineering a few months back for A-level students.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    So this is just a gap year job? Anymore information on what you're doing post-gap year. Any interests at all. It is quite vague to say 'looking for a job'. Tell us what you're interested in, do a bit of research and we'll be happy to help point you in the right direction.

ReputationRep:
    Armed forces?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.