The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yes, they were probably just checking you didnt have a criminal record. I think most of these things are for show though to sort of scare you off and they won't follow it up!

I took a traffic cone on Sunday night and woke up with it on my balcony. I have no idea why, but it seemed like an amazing idea at the time.
My mum is a goody two shoes and took it back down onto the street!
A short court case and then a death sentence, I think.
Reply 3
Just to check you're not wanted for anything else.

I remember me and my mates stole a road sign for my mates bedroom (haha, i got one in mine) and we got pulled over and made to walk ALLL the way back while they slowly followed behind in their car.
Reply 4
DisgruntledMoth
A short court case and then a death sentence, I think.

na they will probs just give him 20 years, 15 years if your good
Reply 5
but i so wanted them cones! they where the small ones with the really bright covers! and i tried to get a stop sign but it was too heavy :frown: stupid thing was ... the taxi driver that took us home later pointed out to me that they where right under the cctv pole :P
Reply 6
Probably nothing.
Reply 7
i was pulling a guy outside a club once and we got raided by 10 police men for drug dealing. good times.
You will probably be named and shamed in the sun, and a angry mob will descend upon you with pitchforks and flaming torches. s'what happens when you mess with the traffic cones.
Reply 9
Carlo08
but i so wanted them cones! they where the small ones with the really bright covers! and i tried to get a stop sign but it was too heavy :frown: stupid thing was ... the taxi driver that took us home later pointed out to me that they where right under the cctv pole :P

lol gutted

You gotta get a sign that the builders/gas men/road workers/whoever didn't put the little bolt/whatever in the thing that connects the sign to the base.

That way you don't have to lug around a heavy base and you can just saw off the protuding plastic pole when you get home.
Reply 10
Rehehelly

I remember me and my mates stole a road sign for my mates bedroom (haha, i got one in mine) and we got pulled over and made to walk ALLL the way back while they slowly followed behind in their car.

I took one last summer for no reason just felt like it really but it was quite close to my house so i didnt have to worry, i think its in the cellar, ill check tomorrow
lol I got stopped for climbing a wall. swear to god. it was a big wall and I was just showing off by doing it but seriously is that a crime? it was just a public area wall of no significance. you would think they would have better things to do eh.
Carlo08

next time...

steal them from a construction site. then say your going to use them as goal posts. :yep:
Reply 13
Nice to know they're making good use of their time.

And our money.
Reply 14
One loves our english culture! you, one's old bean, can ne'ah mustah enough road signs. Oh stop it! You tease!
Reply 15
I want a "humps ahead" sign for my bedroom :frown:
Reply 16
punktopia
Nice to know they're making good use of their time.
Aren't you usually complaining when they don't stop petty theft and minor antisocial behaviour because if they are seen not to bother it encourages greater criminality?
Reply 17
Rehehelly
Absolutely, they'd be really buggered if it turned out that you had an arrest warrant for something serious and they just let you go.
I'd say 'Regatta de Blanc' is probably their best album (and 'Ghost in the Machine', their worst).
Last time I got my details taken like that, I got a letter through the post as a warning. Not too good if your parents see it!
This is why it's always best to give a fake address when asked.

Latest

Trending

Trending