The Student Room Group

Ex keeps texting me

Hi my ex/partner said I could do better than him and said he needs some space
So i stopped texting him after 5 days he text me saying he not copying with new job long hours no time to hisself basically and saying hope you ok
I replied saying I'm good

Hes texting style has changed no kisses or pet names
Just starts with hey you used to hey babe
Reply 1
Do you want him to be texting you?
It sounds like you dont, so tell him that.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hi my ex/partner said I could do better than him and said he needs some space
So i stopped texting him after 5 days he text me saying he not copying with new job long hours no time to hisself basically and saying hope you ok
I replied saying I'm good

Hes texting style has changed no kisses or pet names
Just starts with hey you used to hey babe

Take it day by day. If he is the one asking for space, he should be the one to start talking like how he used to
Reply 3
Original post by Gary S
Take it day by day. If he is the one asking for space, he should be the one to start talking like how he used to

Thank you I was just surprised he would text me as he said I deserve better I thought was over
Soon I started accepting it was over he texts me
Reply 4
Thank you I was just surprised he would text me as he said I deserve better I thought was over
Soon I started accepting it was over he texts me

If you fell like you need closure, i'd ask straight up if he wants you back or not, because its wrong to make you over think his messages or keep you hanging on.
Reply 5
Original post by Gary S
If you fell like you need closure, i'd ask straight up if he wants you back or not, because its wrong to make you over think his messages or keep you hanging on.

No I do want him back but I'm just confused
Reply 6
No I do want him back but I'm just confused

Maybe let him know that? Its tricky without knowing the exact situation, but I hope I'm helping.
It's best to find out if you still have a chance together or if you should just continue moving on.
Reply 7
Original post by Gary S
Maybe let him know that? Its tricky without knowing the exact situation, but I hope I'm helping.
It's best to find out if you still have a chance together or if you should just continue moving on.

He does know that just work took over his life and I got upset as he started ignoring my texts and he got annoyed I was asking about us all the time
Reply 8
He does know that just work took over his life and I got upset as he started ignoring my texts and he got annoyed I was asking about us all the time

Bit of a red flag if he gets annoyed talking about your relationship. I'd say its up to you to decide if he has had enough time or when is the best time to bring up your relationship, especailly if he is stressed with work, it could be a much more sensitive subject.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending