The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't wear glasses but...If he was that ugly then I would take them off so all I could see was a blur.
Reply 2
My proper glasses are on - why would I take my glasses off?! I couldn't see him then!

Sunglasses however are a very useful tool - use them to find a good looking lad, wait until he looks at me, slowly take off and eye him up and down. Means he notices that I'm checking him out :smile:
Reply 3
kamie
My proper glasses are on - why would I take my glasses off?! I couldn't see him then!

But then he could see your face better. I guess it will depend on what kind of vision impairment you've got.
Reply 4
Germi
But then he could see your face better. I guess it will depend on what kind of vision impairment you've got.

I wear contacts often enough. I can't tell how many fingers are being held up at ~2metres. For a person's face to be clear they have to be within my "personal space". Pretty bad lol!
Reply 5
kamie
I wear contacts often enough. I can't tell how many fingers are being held up at ~2metres. For a person's face to be clear they have to be within my "personal space". Pretty bad lol!

There was a (famous?) movie which ended with a young woman on an aeroplane without glasses because she was afraid the guy might think she was ugly but ended up reading a book upside down, which was pointed out by the guy. He told her she was beautiful with her glasses on. A nice ending.

What was the movie called?

So these things do happen.
Reply 6
Germi
Would you consciously or subconciously take them off when talking to a guy you fancy?

absolutely not. i have purple chanel frames with roses on the sides that compliment my skin tone and cheekbones. the reddish purple also contrasts with the green in my eyes quite beautifully! they're like jewelry, for my face! :yep:
Reply 7
Noo. I'd be blind as ****, there is nothing attractive about squinting and not knowing what the **** is going on.

Wow i swear too much :/
Reply 8
sarCAZm
Noo. I'd be blind as ****, there is nothing attractive about squinting and not knowing what the **** is going on.

Wow i swear too much :/

:rofl:
all those pretty asterisks...:biggrin:

but yea...im not that blind, wear contacts mostly...so if i do wear glasses i tend to take them off so he can see my eeeyyyyeeeesss...as theyre the only nice thing about me :woo:
My glasses are like an accessory for my face. And they look nice. So no I wouldn't take them off when talking to a guy I fancy.
Germi
There was a (famous?) movie which ended with a young woman on an aeroplane without glasses because she was afraid the guy might think she was ugly but ended up reading a book upside down, which was pointed out by the guy. He told her she was beautiful with her glasses on. A nice ending.

What was the movie called?

So these things do happen.

I think the move you're talking about is 'How to marry a millionaire'. The young woman being Marilyn Monroe.
Reply 11
I wear contacts.
I wear glasses that suit my face and I get compliments about them so I don't see any need to take them off :smile:
I don't need my glasses, but I'd still keep them on. I like my glasses and I probably wouldn't think of taking them off anyway since I'd be too worried about the rubbish coming out my mouth >< Plus they're a nice sort of barrier to hide behind and wearing them means I won't start squinting at anything subconciously which would be far worse!
Reply 14
I can't see without my glasses on.
glasses steam up :p:
I'm not too short sighted, and I don't wear them much in public (wear contacts). I don't even need them either, because my sight is only bad when it comes to reading signs, trying to figure out what the bus is down the road, reading the black board etc... that kinda stuff.

So yeah, I would definately take them off.
I only wear mine for reading / computery stuff but if I was wearing them I'd probably keep them on.
No, I love my glasses :biggrin:
My glasses suit my face so why would I take them off? As someone said, they're like jewellery for you face.

Although having said that, out of choice I do wear contacts, as they're easier but I haven't got any at the minute!

Latest