Question for girls with glasses Watch

Poll: Would you take your glasses off when talking to a guy you fancy?
Yes (46)
30.46%
No (105)
69.54%
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
When I'm wearing mine, I usually don't think about it. They're just kind of...there. So no, I probably wouldn't think to take them off either. It's a bit clichéd though, like all those bloody American make-over movies where the girl loses her (usually horrifically styled) glasses and is suddenly stunning. :rolleyes:
Ginger_Rogers
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Mine are only for reading really, but yes I would.

I heeded the playground taunts - guys don't make passes at girls who wear glasses.

No seriously, I just look an idiot in my glasses.
-WhySoSerious?
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hot

leave em on
limonadita
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
nah (I wouldn't see him ) but I felt like the most awkward freak ever when I was wearing them
that's why I've been wearing contact lenses for more than 2 years now
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No, because I wouldn't be able to see his face, or anything, for that matter.

I hate kissing with them on, so I'd have to remove them beforehand - which probably would kinda kill the moment. lol.
Germi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by NicolePickle)
I think the move you're talking about is 'How to marry a millionaire'. The young woman being Marilyn Monroe.
So that's why she was so attractive.
em[ily]
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
if I took them off I wouldn't be able to see his face and I don't think that would be particularly conducive to good conversation...
SHABANA
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It depends what you need glasses for if you're long-sighted and you just need them for reading and stuff if you look up distance things can blur so then you have glasses on AND you're squinting which is not a good look.

But if you need them on i don't see why you should take them off alot of people think girls with glasses are hot lol
Germi
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by em[ily])
if I took them off I wouldn't be able to see his face and I don't think that would be particularly conducive to good conversation...
That's a fair point. I guess we would have to assume vision isn't very badly impaired. Then would you take it off. That would change the polls a bit but it's too late now.
tradingmyheartforyours
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Shortarse)
I only wear mine for reading / computery stuff but if I was wearing them I'd probably keep them on.
Ditto, so it is rare that I am talking to a guy I fancy with them on as I only wear them in Religious Studies because they use weird marker colours on the whiteboard. :p:
marshmallow_mayhem
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No I wouldn't take them off as I wouldn't be able to see without them. Then I'd get disorientated and probably come across as a bit of an idiot! Anyway, my glasses have been part of me for the past ten years!
NicolePickle
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Germi)
So that's why she was so attractive.
http://images.teamsugar.com/files/us...a8.preview.jpg

:p:

I have really bad eyesight, so likewise with many people who've posted, if I took them off I wouldnt be able to see his face
KelZee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nah I wouldn't, since my eyesight is so bad I wouldn't be able to see 2 centimetres in front of my face if I took them off. Would love to be able to ditch the glasses though; for good.

I need contacts
Q.E.D
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'd leave them on... they hide the face a little, so I might have a chance... (until he got close enough to see through them...)
Alison267
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No..
Even though it wouldn't make a difference as i can see close up.. just not far away. I just forget that i'm actually wearing them most of the time. Except when they steam up thats just annoying... i need contacts really.
becky22
Report 10 years ago
for me this question is like if you were asking for directions in the street would u take off your trousers?

i feel slightly naked without my glasses on so would definately not. maybe i have issues, hiding behind them, whatever. i like wearing them.
contacts? no thanks!
fourr
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
no, I wouldn't be able to see him properly and I think I look better with.
becky22, I'm exactly the same as you :]
Rouge
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think girls avec glasses look like sad geeks, but apparently lots of guys like the look
Alison267
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rouge)
I think girls avec glasses look like sad geeks, but apparently lots of guys like the look
No generalisations there :rolleyes:
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Germi)
That's a fair point. I guess we would have to assume vision isn't very badly impaired. Then would you take it off. That would change the polls a bit but it's too late now.
My eyesight is good enough that I can see somebody almost perfectly if they're close enough for me to have a conversation with them. But even so, I wouldn't take off my glasses, because it just wouldn't generally occur to me. If I want someone to see me without glasses, I wear contacts, rather than just take them off at random!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (295)
26.06%
Yes - they're famous (288)
25.44%
No I don't (549)
48.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed