Turn on thread page Beta

Question for girls with glasses watch

• View Poll Results: Would you take your glasses off when talking to a guy you fancy?
    Yes
    30.46%
    No
    69.54%

ReputationRep:
    nope.. i wouldnt be able to see... however i used to pop my contacts in occasionally, but then the guy i have fancied for the last three years has known me since i was four, and has seen me in just about every situation (in PJs, swimmers, mud covered treking gear, school, scruffs, formal, crying, laughing, depressed, estatic) so just about everything ( appart from naked)

will shut up now

ReputationRep:
    ive worn glasses since i was about 13 and ive never taken them off when talking toa guy i like. i dont even think that i wearing them and i dont know why it would bother me. if the guys shallow enough not to like me because i wear glasses hes not worth my time. and besides if i like a guy id rather be able to see his fine self then stand talking to a blur.

ReputationRep:
    I don't normally wear my glasses all the time but if I was wearing them, I wouldn't take them off. I like my glasses and they've already been seen!

ReputationRep:
    i actually wear glasses, im so incredibly blind its untrue :| however i never wear them in public ever.. maybe OCCASIONALLY for an exam, but i mainly wear them in the house. i dont really know why, i look quite silly with them and i hate the feel of stuff on my face so i do squint a bit in persn..

i cant wear contacts either, i have very bad hayfever so things on my eyes = baaaadd.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so used to wearing them I think I look worse without them, so I wouldn't take them off. Also I'm blind as a Arab without them so...

ReputationRep:
    Why take them off - you wouldn't be able to see them as well?!

ReputationRep:
    unless you're wearing harry potter specs whats to worry about. theres nothing wrong with glasses and I'm not so self conscious that i feel the need to take them off just because I'm talking to someone i like.

ReputationRep:
    I have glasses but only for reading, work or computer or stuff like that.
    But if i had them with me i would put them on - i like my glasses they make me look better! LOL - if that makes any sense!

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Don't even realise I'm wearing them. They're part of my face now.

ReputationRep:
    why would you take them off? if someone wouldn't go out with another person because they wore glasses then why would you want to be with them!?
    you don't have a relationship with glasses but the person who happens to be wearing them!

(I did know some girls who wore glasses but without the prescription lenses as they thought it made them look more intelligent! lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rouge)
    I think girls avec glasses look like sad geeks, but apparently lots of guys like the look
    be rude about girls who wear glasses in a thread for girls who wear glasses.
    fantastic idea!

ReputationRep:
    No that would be stupid! If I don't wear my glasses I can't see so I'd probably end up talking to a tree instead! Thats an exaggeration but I don't get the point. I might take them off for a couple of seconds to clean them but otherwise they stay on so I can actually look at him

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't you look like a right **** saying "wait a sec....*takes off glasses* *has to hold glasses in hand* ok"?

ReputationRep:
    I wear contacts, but if I were to wear my glasses and I was talking to a guy I liked I wouldn't take them off! He would just be a blurry blob. But I suppose if you rarely wear them, and you can see well without them, perhaps a girl would take them off.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, sometimes, I think I look better with them off. Don't really need them for talking to people either, just distance vision.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't take them off as I think I look better with mine on and have a nice designer pair that compliment my skin tone and face shape.

I think the days of being embrassed about wearing glasses are over, you can buy really nice pairs.

I for one think that glasses have become a fashion acessory, someone told me that people are now buying pairs that have clear lenses so they can have a pair.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely, vanity before vision.
    Before I was 18, I used my sisters ID to get into clubs etc, and on her pic she is wearing glasses. this meant I always had to take in glasses (to make it look more authentic.. it's easier to tell the difference without glasses on) and several times I saw people I like.

I since have new glasses, and my eyes were hurting yesterday from wearing contacts all day, so I wore them out, and I felt like a **** all night. I hate glasses, laser surgery here I come!

ReputationRep:
    I love my glasses, they are what makes me me. So no i wouldnt take them off (plus i go cross eyed for a while when i take them off haha)

ReputationRep:
    No I wouldn't, I don't like seeing everything around me in a blur. I would only take them off if it was raining because that's when it gets very annoying! It's also partly the reason why I wear lenses.

ReputationRep:
    Since I started uni I tend to wear my contacts lots more as I think I look better without my glasses though I do have really cool glasses. If I was already out in them though I wouldn't take them off to chat to a guy.

Despite not wearing mine all the time anymore, I think guys in glasses are hot.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 3, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.