Turn on thread page Beta

Question for girls with glasses watch

• View Poll Results: Would you take your glasses off when talking to a guy you fancy?
    Yes
    30.46%
    No
    69.54%

ReputationRep:
    No, if I was wearing my glasses instead of contacts, there is no way I'd take them off as I'm blind as a bat without them and then I wouldn't be able to see how hot the guy was!

ReputationRep:
    i would take them off because i look like a ugly geek with them on !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Germi)
    Would you consciously or subconciously take them off when talking to a guy you fancy?
    I would take them off, yep. Don't like how I look with them :o:

ReputationRep:
    I wear a mix of contact lenses and glasses, but I do like my glasses and don't think I look too bad in them. Contact lenses are for special occasions mainly because I feel more comfortable in them these days, but otherwise, I'd never get rid of my glasses. All this laser eye surgery business doesn't interest me at all. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Germi)
    There was a (famous?) movie which ended with a young woman on an aeroplane without glasses because she was afraid the guy might think she was ugly but ended up reading a book upside down, which was pointed out by the guy. He told her she was beautiful with her glasses on. A nice ending.

What was the movie called?

So these things do happen.
    I know that movie—was the lady Marilyn Monroe? Cuz if so I think you may have been watching How to Marry a Millionaire; it was a good movie.

I would personally keep my glasses on because I'm blind as a bat! It would be better then me squintting at him cuz then I'll look like I'm scowling at him!

ReputationRep:
    I wear glasses to drive, watch tv and when Im in town and about to meet people (I can't see peoples faces properly till they are around 3 meters away from me which is just annoying).

If a guy I fancied saw me with my glasses on I wouldn't care or take them off (he as to see me wearing them at some point).

ReputationRep:
    i wear contacts but thats just cos i don't suit glasses. i'v never kissed someone wearing glasses, does it not get in the way?!

ReputationRep:
    Ps, all you people who wear glasses-

If you were offered a better quality of lens- would you pay more or would you not be bothered so long as you could see??

ReputationRep:
    Girls in glasses can look HOT!!!!!!!!!

Most girls do but they have to be hot first kinda thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shortarse)
    I only wear mine for reading / computery stuff but if I was wearing them I'd probably keep them on.
    Same :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I've worn glasses all my life, so don't feel the need to take them off when talking to people.

I quite like my glasses tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -ch1ck-)
    Ps, all you people who wear glasses-

If you were offered a better quality of lens- would you pay more or would you not be bothered so long as you could see??
    My problem is in my right eye, I have pretty much perfect vision in my left eye so it's just a normal lens. But because the right eye is pretty bad I have quite a powerful lens. I pay extra for it to be thinned, because IMO it looks better with the other lens being thin.

ReputationRep:
    Can't see without them, and if I fancy him, chances are I want to see him... I might clean them for that purpose, if that counts...

ReputationRep:
    Always. If I go out and I want less attention from guys I put my glasses on. It works.

ReputationRep:
    no don't - i love my glasses and they are sort of part of me. If they are fashionable glasses then please don't take them off....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wellerism)
    Girls in glasses can look HOT!!!!!!!!!

Most girls do but they have to be hot first kinda thing
    i agree....

ReputationRep:
    Girls with glasses are automatically written off in my book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insanetothebrain)
    Girls with glasses are automatically written off in my book.
    why?

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes but not intentionally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kamie)
    why?
    Because they're broken. :poke:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 3, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.