The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle university appeal

Hello, I have just received my results and I am 1% off getting the next grade up, is there anyone who has ever appealed against them? Just looking for some reassurance or tips on the process
Original post by Hannah241
Hello, I have just received my results and I am 1% off getting the next grade up, is there anyone who has ever appealed against them? Just looking for some reassurance or tips on the process

So just about every university will have a well defined internal process that automatically takes a good hard look at degree awards just below the borderline, which means your marks have almost certainly gone through a review already. Unless you can identify something fundamentally wrong with the overall marks, e.g. grade you know is in error that was not fixed in the final spread sheet, then the answer is likely no. It’s disappointing, but the borderline does need to get drawn at some point.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

What are you 'appealing' about?

Hi Hannah241,

Can I ask what programme you are studying? This will help understand your concern better :smile:

Thanks!

- Laura
Reply 4
Original post by Newcastle University
Hi Hannah241,

Can I ask what programme you are studying? This will help understand your concern better :smile:

Thanks!

- Laura

Agriculture and business management
Agriculture and business management

Hi Hannah241,

You can follow our Academic Appeal Procedure to query an academic decision, you can find more information here: https://www.ncl.ac.uk/students/progress/Regulations/Procedures/appeals.htm.

This is a 3 stage process which provides for an informal academic query to your School (Level 1 on the above link), which can be sent directly to [email protected].

Hope this helps,

Susie

Quick Reply

Latest