The Student Room Group

Confused about my sexuality

Quarantine has made me think a lot. I'm a male and I'm very confused about my sexuality. I've always liked women. I find them gorgeous and pretty. However, I've only felt a romantic attraction towards women and not sexual attraction. However, in recent times, I feel like I'm attracted to men romantically and sexually. I have never dated anyone so I don't know how it's like if I'm involved in it.
I don't know how to feel about this.
Any help??
Original post by Anonymous
Quarantine has made me think a lot. I'm a male and I'm very confused about my sexuality. I've always liked women. I find them gorgeous and pretty. However, I've only felt a romantic attraction towards women and not sexual attraction. However, in recent times, I feel like I'm attracted to men romantically and sexually. I have never dated anyone so I don't know how it's like if I'm involved in it.
I don't know how to feel about this.
Any help??

I am the same! This would mean that you are more likely to be bisexual like I am. I have had to come to terms with it too. You don't have to tell anyone but just be happy with your decision. :smile:

I haven't told anyone about my sexuality yet as I'm just experimenting, and am attracted more sexually towards males than females. Just go with your heart. Life is too short! <3
Hey that's totally normal!! Sexuality is fluid so you may find it changes over time, you may even go back to leaning towards women. Just don't put yourself down. Maybe you're bi, maybe you don't need to label it.
Original post by physicsamor
Hey that's totally normal!! Sexuality is fluid so you may find it changes over time, you may even go back to leaning towards women. Just don't put yourself down. Maybe you're bi, maybe you don't need to label it.

This is what I feel like too!
in your case i think doing some research into comphet could help you out - there's more comphet resources out there for lesbians but the same would apply for a dude. questioning is such a process and the fact you've been able to admit this to yourself is amazing!

hope i can help!
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I am the same! This would mean that you are more likely to be bisexual like I am. I have had to come to terms with it too. You don't have to tell anyone but just be happy with your decision. :smile:

I haven't told anyone about my sexuality yet as I'm just experimenting, and am attracted more sexually towards males than females. Just go with your heart. Life is too short! <3

Yeah probably. Thank you so much for your advice. Really appreciate it:smile: I can take solace in the fact that there's someone like me going through the same emotions
Reply 6
Original post by physicsamor

yeah, you're right. Thank you so much:smile:
Don’t feel upset or stressed about trying to label yourself. there is no need to put a label on your sexuality. Many people just say they like who they like or that they are sexually fluid or they are queer. So so many people are bisexual / pansexual. It is very normal and nothing to be worried about. Some people experiment and then find that they’re not into what they thought. Sexuality isn’t black and white. Also please don’t feel the need to prove yourself to anyone. You are you and life is too short to spend it unhappy. You Like who you like and love who you love. Good luck!
You don't give your age but, trust me, you'll probably be I your 30s before your sexuality settles down, if then. I'm of the firm belief that nobody's 100% straight or 100% gay - the human brain just isn't that binary! So what if you settle down with a girl/boy and one night find yourself rubbing one out to the thought of a boy/girl? Who's it harming, apart from a couple of sheets of kleenex?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending