The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

secretmessages
Share single rooms? :s-smilie: Do they always put together people of the same sex for sharing, or opposite, out of interest? Sounds a bit dodgy either way :p:

It's always the same sex, and from what I gathered from my westwood block last year they tended to match people by subject area. It also tends to be people who were late getting their results sorted for whatever reason. It wasn't too bad because the rooms can fit 2 beds, but obviously not ideal in the slightest.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Notebooksecrets
It's always the same sex, and from what I gathered from my westwood block last year they tended to match people by subject area. It also tends to be people who were late getting their results sorted for whatever reason. It wasn't too bad because the rooms can fit 2 beds, but obviously not ideal in the slightest.

Ah right. I just read a thread from a couple of years ago which said the rent is halved if you're sharing (which makes sense of course) so that's one good point at least. Have to wait and see I guess. Thanks.
Reply 22
Notebooksecrets
There won't be anywhere with spaces. The uni is so oversubscribed that at the beginning of every year people have to share single rooms in Westwood, and last year a bunch of students had to live off campus despite the fresher's guaruntee system.

I think you'll find that NO-ONE who was guaranteed a room lived off campus unless they requested it
Happy1
I think you'll find that NO-ONE who was guaranteed a room lived off campus unless they requested it.

Think you could give accurate information next time please?

Uuuh think could you chill out please? I'm under no obligation to give "accurate" information, seeing as how spending time on a forum is a pastime, not a job. :rolleyes:

A fair few freshers were offered accommodation in Liberty Park when they hadn't requested it, check last year's threads.
Reply 24
Reply 25
Happy1

He is right. Sure, if you are guaranteed on campus accommodation, you'll get it. But all he said was a bunch of students had to go off campus, nothing about people who were guaranteed it, which is true.

I wouldn't worry about it, it's a small percentage, but it is still a significant number. Source? A friend and our resident tutor at the time who both work in the accommodation department. The tutor did talk to me about specific numbers at one point, but I forget them now.
Notebooksecrets

My boyfriend had to share in westwood last year because he changed courses -maths to economics. He was there for 6 weeks and then got a room in Rootes. Had to pay half the rent and it was a nightmare when i came to visit but we lived! Wasn't the end of the world and he just made double the friends! x

Latest

Trending

Trending