Leamington Spa - Fun for students?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So i was doing some research for the different universities, and the places students tend to live, and I found that Warwick students tend to live in Leamington Spa, a small, picturesque town.

Now compared to the city universities in terms of where people live, in vibrant, student bustling areas, I was just wondering how Leamington Spa would compare?

1. Does it have a fun, vibrant student community feel about it?

2. Are there things to do in Leamington, like is it an interesting place to be as a student? Considering its quite small I would worry that perhaps it could get quite boring quite quickly.

3. How would it compare to other student areas across the country? Are there better places to be as a student or is it perfectly satisfactory to student needs?

Thanks!
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
I have been told by my sister who lived in Leamington spa that's its a real nice area with lots of students and student places around. Which is why im looking for a place there for my third year 😁
repecca
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So i was doing some research for the different universities, and the places students tend to live, and I found that Warwick students tend to live in Leamington Spa, a small, picturesque town.

Now compared to the city universities in terms of where people live, in vibrant, student bustling areas, I was just wondering how Leamington Spa would compare?

1. Does it have a fun, vibrant student community feel about it?

2. Are there things to do in Leamington, like is it an interesting place to be as a student? Considering its quite small I would worry that perhaps it could get quite boring quite quickly.

3. How would it compare to other student areas across the country? Are there better places to be as a student or is it perfectly satisfactory to student needs?

Thanks!
Hi! I lived in Leamington for my third year and must say, I wish I had opted for campus. It depends on the kind of person you are though - if you are very active then Leamington Spa would probably suit you. I didn't go out clubbing too much but definitely went to the pubs a lot, shopping, walks etc.
1. I didn't particularly feel like it had a student community feel. It gets pretty busy and touristy on weekends. I felt that Leamington Spa has a lot of weirdos. Like, you have to watch out for some people. The Kelseys pub is the only place open regularly until after midnight, and thus you get a lot of interesting people... To me it felt a bit unsafe, which is important to note. I once had two men try to follow me home.
2. Yes! There's so many nice cafes, restaurants, pubs and bars to try. There are activities as well, a nearby bowling alley, trampoline park etc. The good thing is you are also in very good position to go anywhere else - with busses to Stratford upon Avon, Coventry, etc. I went on walks quite a lot towards the end of my year living in Leamington, so I saw all the neighbourhoods and even nearby areas and by the end of it I really felt like I had seen it all, and was ready to leave Leam.
3. I think there's definitely better places. It is pretty small, but whether you fit in depends on your lifestyle as well as what you make out of it. The bus journey was probably the worst part of it. I was in South Leam so I always managed to get a seat, but for North Leam it is an absolute nightmare. It sometimes takes over an hour to get to uni, so I kinda wished I had just stayed on campus to save myself from that. In many other ways it was satisfactory.
If you do decide to live there, pick your house very carefully. I know so many people who lived in damp, moldy and cold apartments. Landlords get away with all kinds of stuff. Some of the houses we viewed were straight-up disgusting. In the end we managed to find a perfect, newly furnished lovely place with 3 floors, 4 rooms and two toilets on (for two people) for 80£ a week per person.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (165)
25%
Better than expected (133)
20.15%
Worse than expected (362)
54.85%

Watched Threads