The Student Room Group

Grades

In my country there are not A-levels because we use numbers (0-10)
Does anybody know how to convert 7 8 9 into A-levels? I think they are B A A* but i' m not sure
Can't say for sure without knowing the qualification, depends how good they think a 7/8/9 is vs x grade in Alevel.

What country? Note that it may even vary by university.
I’m sure you can look up the conversion. Otherwise I can’t help you as i don’t know what exams you’re doing.
Reply 3
I'm from Italy, i have been searching conversion on google but can't find anything; someone says it is 95% for A* but we don't have %
If you search "(uni you're interested in) Italian qualifications" you should be able to find their entry requirements. Some give their requirements in % but I assume (from uni websites) you're given assume you're given a grade 0-10 for 10 subjects to get a grade out of 100? That seems to be what they're talking about with %. Having had a brief look at a few it seems AAB/ABB corresponds to 85+ (so 8 avg), with A*A*A around 95 as you say, but this might vary from uni to uni so it's better for you to look at unis you're interested in individually.

As with alevels, you may also have to fulfill subject requirements.
(edited 3 years ago)
It’s have googled it-
10 in Italy is A* in UK
9 is A
8 is B

But it depends on the Univeristy you’re looking to apply to.
Reply 6
Original post by _gcx
If you search "(uni you're interested in) Italian qualifications" you should be able to find their entry requirements. Some give their requirements in % but I assume (from uni websites) you're given assume you're given a grade 0-10 for 10 subjects to get a grade out of 100? That seems to be what they're talking about with %. Having had a brief look at a few it seems AAB/ABB corresponds to 85+ (so 8 avg), with A*A*A around 95 as you say, but this might vary from uni to uni so it's better for you to look at unis you're interested in individually.

As with alevels, you may also have to fulfill subject requirements.

Oxford Academic requirements are "A-levels: A*AA including Mathematics at grade A or above" , i think they want the subject equivalence for that and i can't understand if it's 8/10 or 9/10. Do they ask just for the last year grade?
Anyway we have more than 10 subjects and "Esame di Stato" grade works in a different way.
Original post by mathmind
Oxford Academic requirements are "A-levels: A*AA including Mathematics at grade A or above" , i think they want the subject equivalence for that and i can't understand if it's 8/10 or 9/10. Do they ask just for the last year grade?
Anyway we have more than 10 subjects and "Esame di Stato" grade works in a different way.

Fair enough.

You shouldn't/can't guess international requirements from A-level requirements. They will differ from university to university.

From https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/applying-to-oxford/for-international-students/international-qualifications it says:

Diploma Di Esame Di Stato with an overall score of 95% and may also require particular grades in specific subjects.

You can email them to clarify what grade you might need in maths if any.
Reply 8
Thanks!
Do you know if they ask for the last year grade or average of the last 4 years grades?
Reply 9
Original post by _gcx
You can email them to clarify what grade you might need in maths if any.

I can't find Oxford UG email, do you know if they have one?
Original post by mathmind
I can't find Oxford UG email, do you know if they have one?

Not sure if there is a central one - maybe email the admissions offices of a few colleges? I did find an "ask a question" form: https://uni-of-oxford.custhelp.com/app/ask/p/27.

FWIW - they may be preoccupied with people getting international results at the moment so the reply might not be swift.
Reply 11
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest