preparing a written assignment

Watch
Kwalsh2020
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm doing a he to nursing through Stonebridge and on unit 4 I have to use quotation and paraphrase on an article they give me.... I'm so damn confused I'm way over my time limit and I just need to get it done, but I can't!! Do I copy one set out and put quotation marks in.... And then take another piece and turn it into the same meaning with my own words... Please help lol.

GabiAbi84
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What does the full question say?
Kwalsh2020
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
What does the full question say?
You are required to write 2 examples of the following using text in the article provided...

Paraphrase
Quotation

You must ensure that the meaning of the original text is conveyed/summerised when paraphrasing.
Quotation examples must be presented in the appropriate manner.

You should also remember to include citations and reference list.
fajitalarry
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey, I've just done this unit - I've pasted my answer below - it passed marking with no issues

QUOTATION EXAMPLE 1

A decent employment would be combined with hard-earned remuneration or salary through which you can look after your personal expenses. While you earn for yourself, you gradually begin to realize the true worth of money and how hard it is to
earn it. You realize the significance of saving for a rainy day and for unforeseeable contingencies.

"A decent employment would be combined with hard-earned remuneration or salary through which you can look after your personal expenses. While you earn for yourself, you gradually begin to realize the true worth of money and how hard it is to
earn it. You realize the significance of saving for a rainy day and for unforeseeable contingencies." (Mohan, R. 2012)

PARAPHRASE EXAMPLE 1

A decent employment would be combined with hard-earned remuneration or salary through which you can look after your personal expenses. While you earn for yourself, you gradually begin to realize the true worth of money and how hard it is to
earn it. You realize the significance of saving for a rainy day and for unforeseeable contingencies.

Having a decent job as well as a salary that allows you to pay for all of your personal expenses is important and can aid you in realising how important it is to save money in case of an emergency. Earning your own money will mean that you are able to know how valuable money is and that it is not easy to come by. (Mohan, R. 2012)

QUOTATION EXAMPLE 2

Education plays its continuous role in all spheres of life. The reason being, that if we are aware of the drawbacks of a decision and we know about the possible contingencies and the collateral damage, our consequent actions would be wiser, which would help us to keep danger at bay at all times.

"Education plays its continuous role in all spheres of life. The reason being, that if we are aware of the drawbacks of a decision and we know about the possible contingencies and the collateral damage, our consequent actions would be wiser, which would help us to keep danger at bay at all times." (Mohan, R. 2012)

PARAPHRASE EXAMPLE 2

Education plays its continuous role in all spheres of life. The reason being, that if we are aware of the drawbacks of a decision and we know about the possible contingencies and the collateral damage, our consequent actions would be wiser, which would help us to keep danger at bay at all times.

All parts of life are affected by education. Hindsight is important in making educated decisions, if we knew all potential outcomes we would always make the safest and wisest choice. (Mohan, R. 2012)

Reference

Mohan, R. (2012), “The Importance of Education in Society”,
http://merseamusic.blogspot.co.uk. Last Accessed 17/07/2020

Word Count: 457

Obviously make sure you use your own words and use different parts of the text, but I hope this gives you an idea
Kwalsh2020
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by fajitalarry)
Hey, I've just done this unit - I've pasted my answer below - it passed marking with no issues

QUOTATION EXAMPLE 1

"A decent employment would be combined with hard-earned remuneration or salary through which you can look after your personal expenses. While you earn for yourself, you gradually begin to realize the true worth of money and how hard it is to
earn it. You realize the significance of saving for a rainy day and for unforeseeable contingencies." (Mohan, R. 2012)

PARAPHRASE EXAMPLE 1

Having a decent job as well as a salary that allows you to pay for all of your personal expenses is important and can aid you in realising how important it is to save money in case of an emergency. Earning your own money will mean that you are able to know how valuable money is and that it is not easy to come by. (Mohan, R. 2012)

QUOTATION EXAMPLE 2

"Education plays its continuous role in all spheres of life. The reason being, that if we are aware of the drawbacks of a decision and we know about the possible contingencies and the collateral damage, our consequent actions would be wiser, which would help us to keep danger at bay at all times." (Mohan, R. 2012)

PARAPHRASE EXAMPLE 2

All parts of life are affected by education. Hindsight is important in making educated decisions, if we knew all potential outcomes we would always make the safest and wisest choice. (Mohan, R. 2012)

Reference

Mohan, R. (2012), “The Importance of Education in Society”,
http://merseamusic.blogspot.co.uk. Last Accessed 17/07/2020

Word Count: 457

Obviously make sure you use your own words and use different parts of the text, but I hope this gives you an idea
Thank you so much, this helps massively 😍
I just couldn't get my head around this for some reason. Thanks again 😁
fajitalarry
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No probs at all, P.S. I'm also doing the access to nursing so if you need any help with other assignments give me a shout, I'm currently doing unit 5
Kwalsh2020
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by fajitalarry)
No probs at all, P.S. I'm also doing the access to nursing so if you need any help with other assignments give me a shout, I'm currently doing unit 5
Thank you so much... That would be brilliant 😁
Ladyinred86
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hi everyone, I'm doing the Nursing course as well. I'm on Unit 3 the quotation and paraphrasing as well. So we don't have to do the whole article? Do we just have to pick two examples from the article? I've been under a lot of stress the last few months, with family illness, arguments and my parents seperating.

I have just joined the student room. I found a lot of help on here when I was doing Unit 2. I hated unit 2 and had to resubmit twice.

I feel a bit daft because with having to ask for help, but I know we all need help and support through our studies.

If someone could help I would be grateful.

Michele xxx
Kwalsh2020
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
No just pick two examples then qoute and paraphrase the ones you picked...

I'm running behind at the min, but it can't be helped with life and a global pandemic, they need to cut us some slack, especially when you have children at home lol...

But no this forum is ever so helpful... And I will help anyway I can. Xx
Ladyinred86
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Kwalsh2020)
No just pick two examples then qoute and paraphrase the ones you picked...

I'm running behind at the min, but it can't be helped with life and a global pandemic, they need to cut us some slack, especially when you have children at home lol...

But no this forum is ever so helpful... And I will help anyway I can. Xx
Thank you so much hun. I have been under stresd with family stresd, family drama and health problems. I help care for my dad and at the moment he is seperating from my mum.
I'll probably take you up on your offer hun
I'm hoping once I get past Unit 3 that I'll start getting into it

Thank you again hunny

Michele xxc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (193)
33.33%
Receiving them online / by email (290)
50.09%
I still don't know (96)
16.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise