sonascar
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Would the certain student not be admitted if they have bad attendance or bad record but has good recommendations and grades after year 11.
davros
  • Study Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by sonascar)
Would the certain student not be admitted if they have bad attendance or bad record but has good recommendations and grades after year 11.
Are you talking about university admission? I can't imagine it would make a difference - the major factors are predicted / actual performance in public examinations, performance at interview, and results in any pre- or post-interview tests or exams.
sonascar
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by davros)
Are you talking about university admission? I can't imagine it would make a difference - the major factors are predicted / actual performance in public examinations, performance at interview, and results in any pre- or post-interview tests or exams.
Oh okay I got really worried because before yr 10 my grades were really bad and I barely ever did any work because I didn't have anything I wanted to do at uni. But the past 2 yes in yr 11 and 12 have been almost perfect cuz I know what I want now.
davros
  • Study Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by sonascar)
Oh okay I got really worried because before yr 10 my grades were really bad and I barely ever did any work because I didn't have anything I wanted to do at uni. But the past 2 yes in yr 11 and 12 have been almost perfect cuz I know what I want now.
Well some unis will pay more attention to GCSEs than others, so that needs to be your starting point.

But from then on it's really down to A level performance, interview technique (if you have an interview), entrance test results, and so on...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (5)
17.24%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (8)
27.59%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (16)
55.17%

Watched Threads