Washing machines Watch

Spy_Master
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi I'm coming to Stafford at the Stafford campus in September and one of the things it said to bring was change for the washing machines and tumble dryers. However, when I was there I didn't notice how much they cost or what coins they took. Anyone know? Cheers
Wiggler
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Washing is £2.30
Drying is £1 but u can add more money to make it last longer if your stuff isnt fully dry
Spy_Master
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Thanks for the info Vic but what I really wanted to know is the kind of coins it accepts. So the washing probably accepts all silver and gold but the dryers much just accept gold. Is that correct? Cheers!
ACEA001
Report 10 years ago
seems quite a lot to do a bit of washing think ill w8 till i have wore everything b4 i use it
[email protected]
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I could sometimes go for about a week and a half without washing my stuff. I'd only wear trousers/t-shirts/hoodies about twice before putting them in my washing basket. The dryers and washing machines are part of the same machine thus they take most money (everything up from 5p or 10p if I recall).

Unfortunately I found that I did have to dry my stuff twice since the machines didn't manage to dry it properly on the first cycle . Expect about 1 hr 30 (1 dry cycle) - 2 hrs 20 (2 dry cycles) for washing.
Wiggler
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by [email protected])
I could sometimes go for about a week and a half without washing my stuff.
really?!?! i did washing around every 4 weeks or so. but then i had A LOT of crap lol... n then i'd always end up needing 2 machines. i spose it ends up the same overall.

(Original post by [email protected])
they take most money (everything up from 5p or 10p if I recall).
yeah, thats right ish they take all coins except 1p, 2p & 5ps
mooseface
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Same as me Wiggler, I did the washing when I literally had nout else to wear, or the dirty washing pile was starting to smell
Wiggler
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
exactly... washing weekly.. is.. wierd lol well except for girls i spose
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (985)
79.37%
Leave (256)
20.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed