The Student Room Group

Got ignored but i really do like her

This girl i was speaking to ignored me for no reason but i do really like her and not sure what to do... any advice?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
We need more context.
Did she ignore you over text? Did she leave you on delivered, or seen? How long have you known her?
Reply 2
Original post by LovelyMrFox
We need more context.
Did she ignore you over text? Did she leave you on delivered, or seen? How long have you known her?

Left me on seen on Snapchat... known her for a few week
Original post by Anonymous

What have your conversations been like? Have you said something she might have not liked?
Reply 4

Shes probably not interested then.
Reply 5
Legit if i aint asking her a question I don’t get a response haha
You may try again and again to grab her attention but in the end if she still does not show any interest in you then she is probably not interested in you. If you really like or love her just this on her face.
This girl i was speaking to ignored me for no reason but i do really like her and not sure what to do... any advice?

If she can't respond interestingly or show a healthy interest in you, then perhaps she's not worth liking? I know that's obviously a little tricky to control, but for me it's a massive turn-off when the other person can't communicate enthusiastically or engagingly and expects me to carry the whole conversation. The harsh reality is probably that she just doesn't really think of you often enough to get around to messaging.

Look elsewhere.
Take it as a sign that the feeling is not mutual and leave her alone.
Reply 9
If she can't respond interestingly or show a healthy interest in you, then perhaps she's not worth liking? I know that's obviously a little tricky to control, but for me it's a massive turn-off when the other person can't communicate enthusiastically or engagingly and expects me to carry the whole conversation. The harsh reality is probably that she just doesn't really think of you often enough to get around to messaging.

Look elsewhere.

I’ve literally just messaged her with the below. I’m a **** for doing doin it but ud rather her tell me then just give me hints haha.

I’m obviously stupid enough to ignore the hints but for some reason i am attracted to ya and I’m probably making a **** of myself. Where’s your head at with me wanting to speak to you? If you ain’t interested then just tell us I won’t be offended haha
Did you break her heart where you talking with any other girls ? she ignored you for a good reason cant you message her ?
I’ve literally just messaged her with the below. I’m a **** for doing doin it but ud rather her tell me then just give me hints haha.

I’m obviously stupid enough to ignore the hints but for some reason i am attracted to ya and I’m probably making a **** of myself. Where’s your head at with me wanting to speak to you? If you ain’t interested then just tell us I won’t be offended haha

I honestly admire your candidness. Definitely the best way to bring the situation to a conclusion so you can move on with life.
Reply 12
Dude, why are you going on a forum to speak about this girl you've only known for a few weeks. She's probably scared cause you're coming on too strong. I think the fact that you came on this forum to speak about it rather than going to friends shows that you are a bit too keen (my personal opinion) and that might show in your messages to her. Maybe lay off her for a bit and let her come to you. If she doesn't then at least you know that she wasn't that interested. Play it cool bruh.
Reply 13
Being ignored by someone you like is never going to feel nice but you can’t force them to be interested. If they wanted to talk, they’d have replied. I’ve had guys talk to me for months and then ignore me out of the blue so I wouldn’t worry about a couple of weeks.
Lol it somehow worked... she said her replies are bad for everyone but said it wouldn’t be fair to not give it a chance

"Lol it somehow worked... she said her replies are bad for everyone but said it wouldn’t be fair to not give it a chance"

CLOSE THE DEAL BRUVVA... leave it like that and nothing is going to happen. You need time, place, and agreement on what happens next. IE: I'd suggest a date.
(edited 3 years ago)

A few pointers on your message:

1 Never put yourself down. Therefore don't come out with phrases like "I’m obviously stupid enough"

2 Don't be needy.

3 Don't put the cart before the horse. You've only known each other a week. It's unclear if you've even gone on a date yet? And yet you're coming out with a "What are we?" type question. The reality is that you are 2 people at the initial getting to know each other phase. Confessing that you are attracted to someone should come after you've gotten to know her somewhat.

4 What is your goal with this messsage? What are you trying to achieve?
The only goal of your message at this stage should be to get her to meet up with you in real life. When you meet up you can get to know each other more. And you can demonstrate that you are a guy that's worth spending time with. And you can both have an enjoyable time together.
Your message does not appear to advance the goal of you going on a date with her at all.

Lol it somehow worked... she said her replies are bad for everyone but said it wouldn’t be fair to not give it a chance

Great!
So now come up with a fun / interesting, cheap convenient date you can go on. And nominate a day and time to meet up for that.

It's 1 am now. So a bit late for bothering her with more messages.
You can sleep well tonight, knowing she's interested. Send her your next messsage with the date offer after her work or school, or home studies tomorrow.

Quick Reply