The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Visiting Nottingham uni next week

Hi there
My daughter is thinking of applying to Nottingham Uni. We will be in the area next week and as Open Days have been cancelled, I thought we could visit the uni and have a walk around to get a feel for the place.
Can anyone give me any advice on where we should park/walk/visit to get a feel for the place?
Can we walk around the campus or is it locked to the public?
Thank you!
Try youtube! There are lots of campus tours that will give you an idea :smile: Also, have a great time! It all looks amazing!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
Hi there
My daughter is thinking of applying to Nottingham Uni. We will be in the area next week and as Open Days have been cancelled, I thought we could visit the uni and have a walk around to get a feel for the place.
Can anyone give me any advice on where we should park/walk/visit to get a feel for the place?
Can we walk around the campus or is it locked to the public?
Thank you!

Parking may be an issue. It depends which side you will come in on. Parking at Highfields may be ok (South entrance then on the left is some parking). You could always park at the park and ride, then take the tram to the campus. I'm just not sure if parking is available on campus as the barriers might be down for the time being.

There are maps all around the campus telling you where everything is. It's reasonably large so have some comfortable shoes. Trent building quad, and by the lake are some nice places. But over all just walk round and you will get a feel for it. You are fine walking round I believe.

Is there any place at the university you want to walk around in particular?
Original post by zetamcfc
Parking may be an issue. It depends which side you will come in on. Parking at Highfields may be ok (South entrance then on the left is some parking). You could always park at the park and ride, then take the tram to the campus. I'm just not sure if parking is available on campus as the barriers might be down for the time being.

There are maps all around the campus telling you where everything is. It's reasonably large so have some comfortable shoes. Trent building quad, and by the lake are some nice places. But over all just walk round and you will get a feel for it. You are fine walking round I believe.

Is there any place at the university you want to walk around in particular?

I guess we would like to see how everything is laid out and distances eg the science Dept and the various accommodation options. Nottingham is meant to have a beautiful campus, so would like to see some of that. My daughter has been to various virtual open days but it’s so hard to get a feel for the places online. My daughter has 6 unis on her shortlist so needs to get that down to 5 for UCAS.
Original post by Lifestoolong
I guess we would like to see how everything is laid out and distances eg the science Dept and the various accommodation options. Nottingham is meant to have a beautiful campus, so would like to see some of that. My daughter has been to various virtual open days but it’s so hard to get a feel for the places online. My daughter has 6 unis on her shortlist so needs to get that down to 5 for UCAS.

https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/sharedresources/documents/mapuniversitypark.pdf

I'd recommend doing a loop of the campus going round everything. Then do a loop of the lake.

Quick Reply

Latest