The Student Room Group

How do you think university will be like in September

I think masks will be compulsory everywhere and will be enforced heavily.

I suspect lectures will be online only.

I suspect tutorials will be very limited.

What do you guys think?

Edit: imagine doing something like drama with a mask 😬
(edited 3 years ago)
it will have the same walls, classes and seating. Maybe the paint might change.
I agree, masks will probably be compulsory around campus. Lectures will be online however seminars will be still in person.
Reply 3
Original post by Kk1999
it will have the same walls, classes and seating. Maybe the paint might change.

You think the seating will be the same?
Might be like a person in each corner and you have to shout to talk to each other.
My university says that lectures will be replaced by online material and trips might be cancelled, around campus there will be one way systems, but they might not enforce social distancing in halls
My seminars are going to be online too, very few scheduled in person things for term 1. Even library will be operating at decreased capacity. Mooched around my campus-to-be and most were wearing masks.
My uni will have a blend of online and "face-to-face" teachings when possible. The extent to which that goes is anyones guess.
Cant imagine there being a clubbing scene at all for a while, sweaty bodies tightly crammed in just taunts corona.
Very curious to see how accommodation will work, halls have varying levels of quality, space etc, so wonder how they'll get their noggin round that.
Plus sports and societies, how will they work, if at all? Mysterious times ahead
Original post by adam271
You think the seating will be the same?
Might be like a person in each corner and you have to shout to talk to each other.

oops... that meant the seats are gonna be same.... the arrangement will differ.. like skip 2 seats or something
All lectures will be pushed online certainly and smaller tutorials will probably take place in "some form" - possibly only once a week though to limit contact with other students. I think the amount of online provision will depend heavily on the course - my GF is just starting biomedical science - so I imagine she will spend more time in uni than me.

I'm not sure how overcrowding on buses will work - our uni has massive issues with buses heaving during early mornings - to the point you can't even separate half a metre from someone. Masks will most likely be compulsory on campus.

We can probably write off clubs for the foreseeable future - at least till semester 2 at the earliest.
My uni is doing a mix of online and in-person teaching.

My biggest question is around student accommodation. Our uni-owned halls are letting us all move back in but are asking us to "create a bubble" with our own flats - but honestly, how likely is that? A couple thousand students all living in the same couple of blocks... There's going to be mingling, especially seeing as there likely won't be a club scene for a good while; flat parties will happen.

So I'm interested to see how they're planning to enforce this whole bubble thing, if at all.
Original post by Anonymous
My uni is doing a mix of online and in-person teaching.

My biggest question is around student accommodation. Our uni-owned halls are letting us all move back in but are asking us to "create a bubble" with our own flats - but honestly, how likely is that? A couple thousand students all living in the same couple of blocks... There's going to be mingling, especially seeing as there likely won't be a club scene for a good while; flat parties will happen.

So I'm interested to see how they're planning to enforce this whole bubble thing, if at all.

prsom
Original post by adam271

What do you guys think?

I think the exact same, masks compulsary, lectures online or at least most of them.
i've been told that small things like seminars are in person in socially distanced rooms, and lectures are online.
I’m a dental student so we’ve always had to wear masks anyways :laugh:
Our first term is all online.
Now it may be that humanities subjects are all online and more practical ones are using our buildings to run smaller tutorial groups?
But most buildings have one stairwell in the building so round have to stagger start and end times to avoid crowding on stairs as a one way system is impossible.
Original post by adam271

What do you guys think?

i think masks will be around for a long time, but hopefully things like social events can go ahead in a safe capacity

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending