FRS500
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by username5340542)
can you chose to do this or not? do you have to?
No, you don't cherry-pick minor tasks at work. You defo can't when it crops up in the exam.

Well that doesn't give you the right to behave like an insolent child. You cannot use people's future mistakes to cover your own. Please leave this discussion : I do not require your assistance. Goodbye.
Yikes.
Ki Yung Na
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I want to work as a chartered tax accountant and no such task appeared when I searched for the job's responsibilities
If we're talking Islamic.

You are forbidden to be dealing with interest in the sense that you apply or benefit from it when it is "extravagant"

In your role you aren't involved in how the money is received nor used, accountants unless in management accounting I believe-and even then it depends on role in company- are not the ones charging or benefiting from the interest so you're fine to be a chartered tax account.

If for some reason you disagree then you are advised to avoid financial positions because , as someone above has stated. You are dealing with interest calculations as another someonr else has described above.

Good luck either way.
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I donโ€™t think I have calculated it ever.

But the calculation would be a small part of any exam and so you could chose to skip that part.

And work should be sensitive to your concerns if you explain them.

However if itโ€™s that you canโ€™t say enter interest into a tax computation, that may be an issue as pretty much every company may pay sone interest. You generally never have to calculate the interest, the bank tells you it but you do need to record it as part of tax calculation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (173)
58.25%
No they should not (89)
29.97%
Abstain (35)
11.78%

Watched Threads