Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    lol...awwww

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    That won't affect you being made permanent.

You're a temp and are bound to make mistakes. Although had you been trained properly? Whenever I train the new starters at my store the first thing I drill into their head is you need to be in clear view of the fitting rooms and must never let anyone in without a ticket.

I wouldn't worry about it though. Hell I've been working at next for 4 years and I still make mistakes. And when I was a temp, I made awful mistakes. Worse ones than you have.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks...it eased my worrying...hope you don't mind what kind of mistakes have you made during the temporary period?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4G_dollars)
    Thanks...it eased my worrying...hope you don't mind what kind of mistakes have you made during the temporary period?
    I made so so many. I got put on front cover and left my area to go and serve a customer (big no no)

I got trained on tills apart from returns (cos you don't get trained till you're till confident) and my manager thought I had and came upto me and asked me to do this exchange for this customer. So all I did was take the woman's top out of the bag and put the new one in :eek:

I got into well trouble for that one!! lol

ReputationRep:
    At the moment I have been till trained apart return/exchange...That is not your fault your manager should have known!

I hate front cover....I use to leave FC like you did but my reasons were that I didn't need to be on it anymore...but people just leave you there...it is annoying..you gets me? I don't do it now!

ReputationRep:
    At the moment I have been till trained apart return/exchange...That is not your fault your manager should have known!

I hate front cover....I use to leave FC like you did but my reasons were that I didn't need to be on it anymore...but people just leave you there...it is annoying..you gets me? I don't do it now!
    You won't get trained for return/exchange for a while yet, so enjoy it while it lasts lol. Luckily at my place front cover isn't on the floor I work, so I don't have to do it or fitting rooms, it's good

ReputationRep:

Yeah you won't get changed for a while on those yet. They can be a bit complex.

lol @ your reasons for leaving FC.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Op ive been at next about 1 and a half months now (started as a sales temp) and they are drawing up my contracted hours, are you sure 13 weeks is the probation period because i thought it was only 4-6 weeks? Dont worry about the confidence thing i was nervous when i first started but feel a lot more at ease now and can approach customers asking them if they need any help and stuff and the staff at my branch are all really friendly and helpful, just like the other posters have said your only human its going to take a while to settle in and a couple of mistakes along the way shouldnt put you off.

ReputationRep:
    Jillie- My shift for FC was over...someone else should have taken over...it is annoying....

Small...- I shall enjoy it lol

Knight Ant- it is 13 weeks...I understand mistakes happen but to put under disciplinary review is harsh hence why i thought it would affect me getting permanent.... anyway good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Anyway my manager wanted to talk to me today and said that I have been fired basically...well my last shift will on Sunday!

She puts it down to "poor performance"- the fact that I am not confident, security thing before the changing rooms...which is poor performance hence my one week notice thing...

ReputationRep:
    Anyway my manager wanted to talk to me today and said that I have been fired basically...well my last shift will on Sunday!

She puts it down to "poor performance"- the fact that I am not confident, security thing before the changing rooms...which is poor performance hence my one week notice thing...
    Aww

Still don't think that's really fair... but what can you do eh?

What store you at?

ReputationRep:
    Other things included was:

I was not quick enough- people were giving three or four jobs to do at once...I had to in the fitting room/shoes, recovery all at once...while there are people there who just wander about and do jack ****! because they are ass licker nuffin happens to them

I come across as if I could not be assed- because I asked to if I could leave five minute early yet another manager on my line left 20 minutes earlier to go into Manchester...

ReputationRep:
    Ahh you're next sounds so much different to mine. The people, especially the managers on my floor are really kind and understanding. It's just bad luck really.

I'm sure you can find a much better job!

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering will I be able to get a job considering that this Next will probably give a bad reference?

ReputationRep:
    bump*

ReputationRep:
    They're not allowed to give a bad reference. It's against the law. They'll either give you an ok reference or no reference at all.

I've got a new job. I can't wait to get out of this company.

ReputationRep:
    Other things included was:

I was not quick enough- people were giving three or four jobs to do at once...I had to in the fitting room/shoes, recovery all at once...while there are people there who just wander about and do jack ****! because they are ass licker nuffin happens to them

I come across as if I could not be assed- because I asked to if I could leave five minute early yet another manager on my line left 20 minutes earlier to go into Manchester...
    That's because they're the manager.....they can leave whenever they want.

Jillie- My shift for FC was over...someone else should have taken over...it is annoying....
    Yeah it is annoying but you should have paged the manager or grabbed someone walking around and told them your shift was over and please could someone be sent down to take you off? Not just leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jillie Boe)
    They're not allowed to give a bad reference. It's against the law. They'll either give you an ok reference or no reference at all.

I've got a new job. I can't wait to get out of this company.
    Thanks...it'll ease my mind...wheres your new job...which company is it with?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks...it'll ease my mind...wheres your new job...which company is it with?
    *nods* Good Where've you started looknig for your new job?

I've been offered two jobs. 1 at Karen Millen and another at Fat Face.

Idk which one to take though.

ReputationRep:
    Awww...the one with the better pay...lol

I am looking around central Manc/Trafford Centre/Lowry Outlet Mall

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.