Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think that sounds a bit pathetic that you were fired for that. I work at Next in the office and therefore get to see everyones files and believe me there are a lot of people that have done a lot worse than that and are still there!

Some managers just don't care, the other week my manager left me there on my own and just went home when i needed her to check some things before i could leave

ReputationRep:
    Karin- Thanks...for the supports especially I suppose from someone is higher up in the chain...

ReputationRep:
    Karina what do you think my reference will be like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4G_dollars)
    Karina what do you think my reference will be like?
    Honestly, i'm really not sure tbh. I've only been there a few months and i'm not really higher up, just get access to stuff that people on the shop floor don't being in the office. I don't think they'll be able to give you a particularly bad reference and I don't even see how the things you did were even that major especially seeing as you hadn't been there that long. I'd try not to worry

Sorry i'm no help!

ReputationRep:
    It is alright Karin...

Like you said that other people have major things...in comparison mine is minor...but the fact they sacked me over it led me to worry about the reference...hopefully I get another job...

thanks karin...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4G_dollars)
    It is alright Karin...

Like you said that other people have major things...in comparison mine is minor...but the fact they sacked me over it led me to worry about the reference...hopefully I get another job...

thanks karin...
    Yeah, don't worry about getting another job, you will. I didn't even give the name of my last employer as a reference for this job and they weren't bothered

ReputationRep:
    What abt then P45?

Cos I have applied elsewhere like River Island....

When they gave me the sack it has left more insecure I suppose, and kinda destroyed what confidence I have had...

(Original post by small&mighty)
    I'm surprised they haven't till trained you yet. New people at my place get trained within a few shifts, I got trained on my second shift!! That's rubbish though, and also not really fair!

I'm not sure if it'll have an effect or not, how long do you have left on your contract?
    I was there 5 months and they never got round to till training me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple)
    I was there 5 months and they never got round to till training me.
    Wow really?! How often did you work?

The advantage of not being till trained is that they can't leave you on your own, I get left on my own alot and I hate it!!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for reviving this thread, but the other one is kinda more just about getting a job a Next.

Right ive done 2 shifts at Next and was till trained, and you know when you ask if the customer would like a gift receipt, if they say yes do you have to gift receipt everything or do you have to ask what items they would like gift receipted?

And also while we're on receipts I get so confused at the different receipts that come of the till eg when someone pays with their Next card, at what ones we're ment to keep and they sign what ones you give to the customer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-maya)
    Sorry for reviving this thread, but the other one is kinda more just about getting a job a Next.

Right ive done 2 shifts at Next and was till trained, and you know when you ask if the customer would like a gift receipt, if they say yes do you have to gift receipt everything or do you have to ask what items they would like gift receipted?

And also while we're on receipts I get so confused at the different receipts that come of the till eg when someone pays with their Next card, at what ones we're ment to keep and they sign what ones you give to the customer!
    Just ask the customer if they would like any gift receipts and if they say yes, ask for which items, but remember you can't give gift receipts if the customer is paying with a refund card.

On the bottom of receipts it says 'branch copy' or 'customer copy' so if you get stuck, just have a look at what it says, I think that's the easiest way of remembering.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Its a real help as the only times they've till trained me have been when its really busy for some strange reason so it was kinda rushed!.

One more question, im working 10-4 one day next week, so thats 6 hours so I should be entitled to a 30 min break, but does that mean i'd have to stay an extra 30mins at the end to make up for that break? So it would actually be 10-half 4? Or is the 30 min break included in that 6 hours? xx

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Its a real help as the only times they've till trained me have been when its really busy for some strange reason so it was kinda rushed!.

One more question, im working 10-4 one day next week, so thats 6 hours so I should be entitled to a 30 min break, but does that mean i'd have to stay an extra 30mins at the end to make up for that break? So it would actually be 10-half 4? Or is the 30 min break included in that 6 hours? xx
    The break will be counted within the 6 hours but you will only get paid for 5 1/2 hours

ReputationRep:
    manager mean

if they nasty and dont give you permanet dont be upset
    look for another job time being

ReputationRep:

It's the best way to be trained when it's busy I think. It's how I was trained and I picked it up quicker than I would have if it was quiet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by small&mighty)
    Disciplinary wow they are mean! But if you're on recovery and not the fits then that's not your problem! I would say though if you're in that position again, just go over to the fits and count items and give the tag thing.

I absolutely HATE approaching customers. It's the worst thing ever! But it's one of those things that you'll end up getting used to. And surely if you stand there looking happy all the time people will think you're a bit strange, I just tend to make eye contact with customers and smile, just so they're aware I'm watching them lol! Especially since I work on kids where half of the stock isn't tagged.

Have you been till trained?
    I could never understand why you need to approach customers. For me its the most annoying thing in a shop when i know what im doing and checking stuff out then some prick comes up to me and asks me if i need help. Am i retarded or something?You obviously have uniform and if i need help i'll come and ask you. I dont really say that but it is annoying especially when it keeps happening everywhere you go.

ReputationRep:
    Temps are ment to get paid every Friday right? Atleast thats what we were told, but I havnt been paid yet (ive started a week and a bit ago) and neither have the other temps that have been here 2 or 3 weeks! Any temps on here been paid yet?

ReputationRep:
    I applied for a Christmas Temp Job at Next, I know it's probably a bit late now - do I stand much of a chance? How long do they generally take to get back?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    x-maya - I think it is every Friday, I can't remember, but ask your manager or office staff and they'll be able to tell you.

burninginme - I think it is a bit late now, they will often have all of their staff by the end of November.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm now I have been paid but I don't think its enough?
    Basically i've been there 2 weeks and earn 4.94 and hour...

Week 1 - Worked 12 hours, didn't get paid.
    Week 2 (this week) - Worked 9.5 hours, got paid today 47.48

So have they missed out my first week, or do you think I will get that next friday? :confused:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.