The Student Room Group

Questioning my sexuality

Hey guys. Recently I've been questioning my sexuality quite a lot. I'm 16, female, and I'm thinking I'm bi. Ever since the beginning of highschool, I've had lgbtq+ friends, and supported them as an ally. As a child, I never had crushes or romantic/sexual attraction towards people who weren't cis boys. (I wasn't aware of the trans/nonbi/intersex/etc community back then.) It's been only recently that I've found myself attracted to girls. The catch is, I've met them online. I met this girl weeks ago online, and we've talked ever since then. I knew she was a girl from the beginning, and yet I felt myself fall for her. We've been flirting, and we live in the same city so she wants to meet up with me sometime. I would love to- but I also don't want to enter a relationship with her if I'm not.. 'actually' bi? I feel like I'm doubting myself a little bit- I met her online which could be pulling the whole gender thing away from the equation- am I catching feelings for girls because I've been surrounded by lgbtq+ people and I just-- 'wanted' to like girls? I really don't want to date her if I end up finding out I don't like girls.. But then again- The feelings I have for her are what I've felt for boys in the past. I know it may sound a little stupid- but I just wanted to come here for any- advice or opinions. Thank you!
hi!

first of all, you do not have to label yourself. if you don’t know whether you are bi or not, it’s okay! there’s no need to rush into finding your sexuality, most of us have had doubts and labelling yourself can sometimes make it worse!

if you really feel connected with the girl, I’d explain to her that you don’t know how you identify yet. Explain to her what you’ve said here about not knowing your sexuality as this will allow her to know how you feel!

There’s nothing wrong with experimenting either! If you pursue a relationship with this girl and you find that you’re not bisexual or identify as something else, that’s okay! But you must go into a relationship with this girl by telling her your exact feelings first! It would be unfair to lead her on and start a relationship without her knowing that you’re not 100% sure.

Basically the best thing to do is explain your exact feelings and your sexuality feelings to this girl. See what she says and if the feelings continue, go for it!

There’s nothing wrong with experiencing new relationships and there’s nothing wrong with not knowing your sexuality yet!

You’ll be fine, just explain how you feel and I’m sure everything will fall into place!

Good luck <3
its just attraction or something else dont think too much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending