Turn on thread page Beta

Back to school stuff. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    We need a stationary lovers society, who is with me!!

ReputationRep:
    i used to love stationary but then it all changed.

i got into year 11 (last september) with my gleaming pencil case and my lovely pens and i noticed something as the year progressed.
    MY PENCIL CASE WAS BECOMING MORE AND MORE EMPTY. things were going missing left, right and centre!
    and then i finally realised - when you get to year 11 at my school people cant be bothered to buy stationary. SO THEY STEAL OTHER PEOPLE'S.
    not only do they steal, they LIE about stealing. "hey is that my pen you've got there?" "oh noooo dont be silly! i bought this last week!" even my own friends do it to me!

so, my plan of action this year is to go to school with a clear helix pencil case containing 2 pens, 2 pencils, rubber, a ruler and a highlighter. when all of these items eventually get stolen (which they will) i plan to use/steal everybody elses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rotor)
    I'm with you!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elziebelzie)

i got into year 11 (last september) with my gleaming pencil case and my lovely pens and i noticed something as the year progressed.
    MY PENCIL CASE WAS BECOMING MORE AND MORE EMPTY. things were going missing left, right and centre!
    and then i finally realised - when you get to year 11 at my school people cant be bothered to buy stationary. SO THEY STEAL OTHER PEOPLE'S.
    not only do they steal, they LIE about stealing. "hey is that my pen you've got there?" "oh noooo dont be silly! i bought this last week!" even my own friends do it to me!

so, my plan of action this year is to go to school with a clear helix pencil case containing 2 pens, 2 pencils, rubber, a ruler and a highlighter. when all of these items eventually get stolen (which they will) i plan to use/steal everybody elses
    Thats awful!
    Stationary-Stealers!

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting all my stationery from my dad's friend's office supplier. 40-70% discount :p:

ReputationRep:
    What is the difference between a ring binder and lever arch file?

Is one smaller than the other?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by gcseangel1)
    What is the difference between a ring binder and lever arch file?

Is one smaller than the other?
    Yeh, a lever arch are one of those massive ones where you have to pull up the 'lever' for the rings to open whereas a ring binder are ones you just open with your fingers. Ring binder's spine is about 1-2 inches in width whereas a lever arch file is about 5 inches.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I am!! I think there may be cheaper options of around £60 but our schools might tell us a specific one to buy...
    The calculators are very cool though. I used one once and I had a lot of fun with it - they're the ones which can draw graphs, right?
    I think so, hopefully our school will get us a discount too then. They seem pretty cool - drawing on a calculator.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwilson03)
    I think so, hopefully our school will get us a discount too then. They seem pretty cool - drawing on a calculator.
    you can draw on a calculator?! wow i need to get one of those :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aleeece123)
    you can draw on a calculator?! wow i need to get one of those :p:
    I don't think they're touch screen...you can just plot graphs on them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elziebelzie)

this happens to me EVERY YEAR! I start with a full pencil case full of shiny new things and end the year with a broken protractor half a pencil and a pen if i'm lucky. Someone needs to stop the stationary thieves!!

Also, does it really annoy anyone else when you lend out pens and
    a) never get them back or;
    b) get them back damp and chewed.
    It really annoys me!!

Still - back to school stationary ftw! I'm going to whsmith's this afternoon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aROOba)
    It really annoys me!!
    eeeeeeeeeeeeew ! thats vile, i wouldnt want it back
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    staples have this really great folder!! - it is very strong, because it's backed by rubber!!! - I think it's only £3, but i would recommend it to anyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aROOba)
    It really annoys me!!
    I get annoyed lending out stationary full stop lol and if i HAVE to then i give one of my c**p pens like a rubbish biro i hate it when some people have the cheek to SELECT one of my pens like wtf!
    Whenever i used to lend my pen to my friend i would be like "don't chew it. i mean it!" and i think sometimes she would do it on purpose so she could keep the pen lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rotor)
    Im in this is the kind of thing i need in my life!

ReputationRep:
    I was actually going to start a stationery lovers society last night but I thought no-one whould be interested lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rotor)
    i'm in....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by u_dun_noe)
    staples have this really great folder!! - it is very strong, because it's backed by rubber!!! - I think it's only £3, but i would recommend it to anyone
    and which Staples store do you work at lol?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    ha ha....nope, I just saw the folder and i was impressed - as for work, I WISH!!!

ReputationRep:
    stationery. :indiff:

stationary = does not move.

kthnx.

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.