Access to HE Best Learning Provider?

Watch
MarieLouise88
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi,

I am planning to study Access to HE (Health). I need to use a distance learning provider rather than attend college as I also work and have two young children.

I had planned to go with Learn Direct but some of their reviews seem quite negative in terms of the support and they had an inadequate Ofsted in 2017 and I can’t see anything more up to date?

I’ve also looked at Open Study College.

Can anyone recommend a learning provider or share a positive experience with Learn Direct? Thanks 😊
scienceishguy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by MarieLouise88)
Hi,

I am planning to study Access to HE (Health). I need to use a distance learning provider rather than attend college as I also work and have two young children.

I had planned to go with Learn Direct but some of their reviews seem quite negative in terms of the support and they had an inadequate Ofsted in 2017 and I can’t see anything more up to date?

I’ve also looked at Open Study College.

Can anyone recommend a learning provider or share a positive experience with Learn Direct? Thanks 😊
Hey! Are you looking to go to university after this Access to HE course? Or part-time uni like Open University?

Most universities require a QAA certified course provided by a distance learning college or regular college. I have seen some which are not QAA certified. It means that they are good enough regulated and will give you sufficient learning resources. I found it useful to check this so I know everything they are teaching is up to do as it can be.

Also this website https://www.accesstohe.ac.uk/ and https://www.qaa.ac.uk/ will allow you to check if a course is QAA certified and on their system. You can also email chat with them as they are the Access to HE people and QAA board. They may be able to recommend places I hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (48)
16.11%
I'm not sure (8)
2.68%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (102)
34.23%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.34%
I'm not a current university student (136)
45.64%

Watched Threads