mathmind
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Can anybody explain me what are A-levels?
username5161354
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Level 3 qualifications done in the UK. GCSEs are equivalent to a level 2, and degree level is equivalent to level 4. Hope this helps!
mathmind
Rep:
?
Do you get A-levels at the end of every year or just at the end of Year 12?
Is it an Average of grades from Year 1 to Year 12 or they are grades of Year 12?
hope1279
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
You take the level 2 GCSE exams in year 11 which are graded from 9-1 with 9 being the highest mark and 1 being the lowest mark. You then move onto college to study level 3 A-levels for years 12 and 13. They updated the exams for these a few years ago and now most subjects are examined at the end of year 13 but some subjects may have an exam at the end of year 12 or some course work which is completed as an internal assessment throughout the course. In A-levels you get a grade from A*-E or a U. Most people tend to do 3 or 4 A-levels and you can chose any subject you want from the college as long as you have the required GCSE grades for the course e.g. you might need a 5 in GCSE English to study English at A-level. Hope this helps
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by mathmind)
Do you get A-levels at the end of every year or just at the end of Year 12?
Is it an Average of grades from Year 1 to Year 12 or they are grades of Year 12?
A-levels are studied in Year 12 (when you're 16-17 years old), and Year 13 (when you're 17-18 years old). You get your A-level grades at the end of Year 13 after taking exams on the content studied in both these years.
mathmind
Rep:
?
(Original post by laurawatt)
A-levels are studied in Year 12 (when you're 16-17 years old), and Year 13 (when you're 17-18 years old). You get your A-level grades at the end of Year 13 after taking exams on the content studied in both these years.
Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (62)
18.13%
No one else does (109)
31.87%
I'm embarrassed about my background (35)
10.23%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (115)
33.63%
We don't use a video platform (6)
1.75%
I don't have a camera (8)
2.34%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
2.05%

Watched Threads