msyed1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi,So I joined late in year 9 so I missed like half of the entire syllabus and its hard to catch up while doing current school work. I'm aiming for all 8s and 9s and going into yr 11. please can anyone tell me any good revision techniques or websites or anything useful , maybe even a picture of their notes which really helps me? I'm doing:triple science AQAmaths higher edexcelhistory AQA- migration, c t east and west, Elizabeth and America opp inequalitygerman AQAEnglish lit and lang eduqaspsychology edexcel r.s. AQA any help would be much appreciated )) I'm hoping to do bio,chem and psychology for A level. thanks for taking the time to read )
pepsimaxcherry
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
hi! sadly I don’t have any of my notes anymore (I’m going into year 13)

best thing I found was a website called Seneca. You can choose your subject and exam board and work through lots of questions!

Hope this helps
fijitastic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Like pepsimaxcherry said Seneca is an absolute lifesaver! There's also lots of amazing revision resources on TSR if you go onto the GCSE section and select your subject.

I can send you a link to the online editions of my CGP GCSE triple science books if you want
Aimzy273
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi! For maths - try 'corbettmaths' videos on youtube and check out their website they have a LOT of resources, plus im sure they sell these summary/flashcard type packs too.
For science - the physics and maths tutor website is great - they have revision notes and practice questions for loads of stuff, freesciencelessons on youtube is soo helpful to understand concepts, christopher thornton on youtube is good too.
English - mr bruff's videos on youtube, and if you really want to you can buy 'york notes' for your text on amazon, they're very helpful.
History - type 'history gcse aqa' into youtube and loads of helpful stuff, like playlists for lots of videos will come up!
psychology - tutor4u website is great!

Hope this helps, good luck!
(Original post by msyed1)
Hi,So I joined late in year 9 so I missed like half of the entire syllabus and its hard to catch up while doing current school work. I'm aiming for all 8s and 9s and going into yr 11. please can anyone tell me any good revision techniques or websites or anything useful , maybe even a picture of their notes which really helps me? I'm doing:triple science AQAmaths higher edexcelhistory AQA- migration, c t east and west, Elizabeth and America opp inequalitygerman AQAEnglish lit and lang eduqaspsychology edexcel r.s. AQA any help would be much appreciated )) I'm hoping to do bio,chem and psychology for A level. thanks for taking the time to read )
khadijaxtk
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hello, I just finished my GCSEs! You seem very passionate so here are some of my tips:
1. For English Literature use Mr Salles Teaches English. I sat my English Lit Paper in year 10 and came out with a Grade 9. I didn't like english but watching his videos and taking notes really helped me alot. Plus for English Lit, aim to learn the complicated words, which impress the examiners.
2. Enough for eng lit! I also did triple, and I would HIGHLY suggest PhysicsMathsTutor (the notes and past papers) and FreeScienceLessosns. Personally, I didn't have alot of revision cards or notes, I focused in lessons and revised for every topic test, which is what worked for me!
3. Okay, I hope these tips help you and I wish you the best of luck! With the right mindset, grade 9s are a cup of tea : )
msyed1
Rep:
?
(Original post by pepsimaxcherry)

best thing I found was a website called Seneca. You can choose your subject and exam board and work through lots of questions!

Hope this helps
Thanks !!
msyed1
Rep:
?
(Original post by fijitastic)
Like pepsimaxcherry said Seneca is an absolute lifesaver! There's also lots of amazing revision resources on TSR if you go onto the GCSE section and select your subject.

I can send you a link to the online editions of my CGP GCSE triple science books if you want
Thanks! yes please!! if you have the maths Edexcel workbook or the answers can you please send aswell
msyed1
Rep:
?
(Original post by pepsimaxcherry)

Hope this helps
thanks! what grade did you get from it can I ask ?
msyed1
Rep:
?
(Original post by khadijaxtk)
Hello, I just finished my GCSEs! You seem very passionate so here are some of my tips:
1. For English Literature use Mr Salles Teaches English. I sat my English Lit Paper in year 10 and came out with a Grade 9. I didn't like english but watching his videos and taking notes really helped me alot. Plus for English Lit, aim to learn the complicated words, which impress the examiners.
2. Enough for eng lit! I also did triple, and I would HIGHLY suggest PhysicsMathsTutor (the notes and past papers) and FreeScienceLessosns. Personally, I didn't have alot of revision cards or notes, I focused in lessons and revised for every topic test, which is what worked for me!
3. Okay, I hope these tips help you and I wish you the best of luck! With the right mindset, grade 9s are a cup of tea : )
Thank you so much!
msyed1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aimzy273)
Hi! For maths - try 'corbettmaths' videos on youtube and check out their website they have a LOT of resources, plus im sure they sell these summary/flashcard type packs too.
For science - the physics and maths tutor website is great - they have revision notes and practice questions for loads of stuff, freesciencelessons on youtube is soo helpful to understand concepts, christopher thornton on youtube is good too.
English - mr bruff's videos on youtube, and if you really want to you can buy 'york notes' for your text on amazon, they're very helpful.
History - type 'history gcse aqa' into youtube and loads of helpful stuff, like playlists for lots of videos will come up!
psychology - tutor4u website is great!

Hope this helps, good luck!
Thanks youu
pepsimaxcherry
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
thanks! what grade did you get from it can I ask ?
I got..

Maths - 5 (defo wasn’t my strongest subject lol)
Geography - 5 (gave up tbh)
Spanish - 7
German - 7
Child development - A*
Religious studies - 7
English Lit - 7
English Lang - 6
Science - 5/6

Mayataylor
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I’m hoping to get all 9s and I used ne salles (do not use mr bruff fir high grades), Seneca is quite basic so I prefer a combination of my textbook, bbc bitesize, CGP, PMT and testing for sciences. Practice papers are the only way fir you to improve tho fir subjects like maths. Fir history I just read through each topic and then explained everything I remembered to someone else and went through questions. French didn’t require much revision, as did latin, except orals which I just inpurobed soeaking skills fir.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (150)
14.61%
I'm not sure (45)
4.38%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (306)
29.8%
I have already dropped out (27)
2.63%
I'm not a current university student (499)
48.59%

Watched Threads