The Student Room Group

Is it the right decision to change universities to UEA?

sorry, you have given no background. What subject? Change from which uni?

Is it the right decision to change universities to UEA?

Original post by mike23mike

If you look at the post you'll see (I will copy below in case)

"So I applied for Law at UEA for 2019 entry, but was rejected as my A Level grades were BBC, and UEA required AAB. Instead, I started studying at UOS, and finished my first year with first grades in all but one of my modules. I was let down with my choice of university - UOS was a tiny university, it had few societies, the social events were almost always suited to a particular type of person rather than being diverse, and the university teaching let me down. That and the fact that I started university with virtually no life experience, so it didn't exactly go well. Overall, I was quite unhappy at UOS. So, I began contacting other universities (mainly as a hypothetical curiosity), however, this led to UEA actually offering me an unconditional place at their university. Although, this would mean starting at year one again.

This all happened so quickly over the last few days, but I've taken steps towards moving to UEA. The main reasoning for it was because UEA is a more prestigious university, and so would be more desirable to future employers, and also because UEA was my first choice of university last year as I loved it.But now, I am wondering whether I have made a stupid decision, and whether I should've just continued and gotten out of uni as soon as possible. Because obviously there is the risk that I won't enjoy UEA (though I don't think this will be the case because it seems to be the uni experience I have been looking for this whole time).

I was wondering if anybody else has any experience of changing course/uni, or of law at UEA in general??"
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by elliottmmut
If you look at the post you'll see (I will copy below in case)

"So I applied for Law at UEA for 2019 entry, but was rejected as my A Level grades were BBC, and UEA required AAB. Instead, I started studying at UOS, and finished my first year with first grades in all but one of my modules. I was let down with my choice of university - UOS was a tiny university, it had few societies, the social events were almost always suited to a particular type of person rather than being diverse, and the university teaching let me down. That and the fact that I started university with virtually no life experience, so it didn't exactly go well. Overall, I was quite unhappy at UOS. So, I began contacting other universities (mainly as a hypothetical curiosity), however, this led to UEA actually offering me an unconditional place at their university. Although, this would mean starting at year one again.

This all happened so quickly over the last few days, but I've taken steps towards moving to UEA. The main reasoning for it was because UEA is a more prestigious university, and so would be more desirable to future employers, and also because UEA was my first choice of university last year as I loved it.But now, I am wondering whether I have made a stupid decision, and whether I should've just continued and gotten out of uni as soon as possible. Because obviously there is the risk that I won't enjoy UEA (though I don't think this will be the case because it seems to be the uni experience I have been looking for this whole time).

I was wondering if anybody else has any experience of changing course/uni, or of law at UEA in general??"

Sorry, all of the above is not showing in your original post. You have decided to switch to a better uni so don't waste another 2 years staying at UOS and having doubts. A 1st from UOS will not carry the same weight as a 2.1 from UEA.
What is U of S?
Hi! I have just graduated from UEA, and while I cannot comment on Law as it was not my department, I am happy to answer any more general UEA questions you may have. Feel free to drop me a message if you want :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending