UK's mobile operators ordered to remove all Huawei kit by 2027

Watch
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I imagine this is going to come with a whopping great price tag... if memory serves it was estimated at several billion - nevermind replacing it with the more expensive (and substandard) nordic stuff.
Say what you will of the firm and its potential to snoop on people (i rather doubt most conversations would be overly enthusing though) but this does have the unmistakable whiff of bowing to pressure from Washington..

Intriguing times in the new cold war.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...i-5g-networks/
Calibrated.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Do Conservative voters believe we should increase taxes to pay for this recklessness or should we borrow money and put the burden on future generations?

Next up: was allowing a company owned by the totalitarian Chinese government to get involved in building our nuclear power plants a smart idea?
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Trotsky's Ghost)
Do Conservative voters believe we should increase taxes to pay for this recklessness or should we borrow money and put the burden on future generations?

Next up: was allowing a company owned by the totalitarian Chinese government to get involved in building our nuclear power plants a smart idea?
I always found that a rather droll thing... Very naughty and bigly bad having them own our mobile infrastructure but totally cool them owning a bloody nuclear plant of all things :lol:
I mean, i have no issue with the government going off on a sinophobic tangent but when its so unevenly applied and costly, well..
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The telecoms companies should just make a point by turning off all Huawei kit currently in place for one day, just the show the scale of the mess caused by the British Government.
JOSH4598
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think the vast majority of Britain supports the decision to remove Huawei from British telecommunications. I guess you can't put a price on national security and we'd be risking a lot of 'unknowns' for the pursuit of faster internet!!
Gundabad(good)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by JOSH4598)
I think the vast majority of Britain supports the decision to remove Huawei from British telecommunications. I guess you can't put a price on national security and we'd be risking a lot of 'unknowns' for the pursuit of faster internet!!
China is not to be trusted.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (53)
41.09%
Take autumn exams (48)
37.21%
Look for a job (2)
1.55%
Consider an apprenticeship (3)
2.33%
Take a year out (15)
11.63%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (8)
6.2%

Watched Threads