The Student Room Group

Mental Health Work

Hi I'm 46 and really wanting to work with young people who need help with their mental health. I am struggling to pick the right degree because none of them seem to be the right path. Most of the jobs I've looked at say you need a core professional qualification, experience and then mental health training on top. This would be at least 6 years by the look of it. Do any of you have any advice on what would be a good course of action? I mean if it's going to take 6 years then so be it but if I could get there any quicker that would be great. I am coming at this with no relevant experience apart from a teaching assistant qualification from 8 years ago with some voluntary work in the classroom. Thanks in advance.
Actually do you know what? I've decided I'm struggling between picking a degree for a career I don't want to do so that I can go on to do MH or choosing a degree that I think sounds great and I will enjoy but won't give me the core practitioner qualification I would need to go on to do MH training and work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending