IndigoMo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I got a conditional offer for Psychology from MMU on the 18th June, but had some questions about the offer they gave me, so I sent off an email same day.

It's now been almost a month and I've had no reply, and my UCAS deadline is on the 20/07. I've tried calling the admissions number for the psych department, but it just redirects to the studenthub, and they've been useless. I've called several times and they always brush me off or tell me to just send another email.

I'm really running out of time, MMU is my first choice of uni, but at this rate they probably won't reply before the deadline. Has anyone had a similar thing, or got any ideas for other ways I can contact them?
daveymcloughlin
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by IndigoMo)
I got a conditional offer for Psychology from MMU on the 18th June, but had some questions about the offer they gave me, so I sent off an email same day.

It's now been almost a month and I've had no reply, and my UCAS deadline is on the 20/07. I've tried calling the admissions number for the psych department, but it just redirects to the studenthub, and they've been useless. I've called several times and they always brush me off or tell me to just send another email.

I'm really running out of time, MMU is my first choice of uni, but at this rate they probably won't reply before the deadline. Has anyone had a similar thing, or got any ideas for other ways I can contact them?
It’s not a question about oxbridge then we don’t care pal.
IndigoMo
Rep:
?
(Original post by daveymcloughlin)
It’s not a question about oxbridge then we don’t care pal.
Nice superiority complex pal, you're the one who wasted time replying to something you supposedly don't care about. Got nothing better to do?
Manchester Metropolitan University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago

Hello

I'm so sorry that you've not yet had a response to your questions - as I'm sure you can appreciate, it's a very busy time for our Admissions Teams. They will respond to any emails you've sent as soon as they can.

I can answer any course-related questions if you'd like to send them over?

Thanks

Sophie
IndigoMo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University)
Hello

I'm so sorry that you've not yet had a response to your questions - as I'm sure you can appreciate, it's a very busy time for our Admissions Teams. They will respond to any emails you've sent as soon as they can.

I can answer any course-related questions if you'd like to send them over?

Thanks

Sophie
Hi, I've been given an offer, provided I send evidence of getting at least 50% and 120 credits in first year at Keele Uni. I found this a bit odd considering I was applying for first year at MMU, not transferring to second year, so I wondered if there had been a mix up. If the offer is correct, I also wanted to check if it would be possible to enter and make up for the missing credits with extra electives, since Keele let me pass to second year with 90 credits as long as I made up for the missing credits in second year.
Also I've been asked for receipt of a DBS check, and I definitely won't have it in time for the UCAS deadline, so I asked to see if that can be provided at a later date.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi, I've been given an offer, provided I send evidence of getting at least 50% and 120 credits in first year at Keele Uni. I found this a bit odd considering I was applying for first year at MMU, not transferring to second year, so I wondered if there had been a mix up. If the offer is correct, I also wanted to check if it would be possible to enter and make up for the missing credits with extra electives, since Keele let me pass to second year with 90 credits as long as I made up for the missing credits in second year.
Also I've been asked for receipt of a DBS check, and I definitely won't have it in time for the UCAS deadline, so I asked to see if that can be provided at a later date.
Hi

Thanks for sending that information through. Are you ok to let me know your UCAS ID so that I can look you up on our system and check the offer that you've been made?

Thanks

Sophie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (117)
27.08%
England (154)
35.65%
Belgium (33)
7.64%
Germany (42)
9.72%
Spain (10)
2.31%