Redundant Watch

Robbie10538
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Does the money gained from being made redundant count towards the yearly salary of the person made redundant?
Crips
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
In what context are you referring to? ie: if you are filling in tax forms, there is a seperate section for lump sums, if you are filling in student finance forms then you need to have a look at your P60 to see what has been put down as your annual earnings.... (like my sig says, if I am wrong, someone will soon correct me and then, hey pretso you have the right answer )
Robbie10538
Rep:
?
The context is with EMA. My parents yearly earnings were just below the max reuirements but since one has been made redundant, they got a huge lump sum meaning if the yearly earnings count the amount recieved by redundancy, then it is above the EMA limit.
Crips
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hmmm, not sure hun, I would assume it would be the final figure on your parents P60 form as this states the annual income for that tax year, if this includes the redundancy package then yes but I think you would be better off giving them a call and asking.
Robbie10538
Rep:
?
Ok thanks
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (186)
18.96%
No (590)
60.14%
Not really bothered about them (205)
20.9%

Watched Threads