What's the Best Discount(s) Youve Gotten On Games?

Watch
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by quasa)
hey if you complete 100% of a game regardless of how long you spend (platinum =/= 100% for a lot of games), and feel no attachment / have no friends or family interested (or old enough) to play the games, why keep them when you can flog them.
You openly said you don't flog them; you play a game to its absolute fullest, then return it for a refund!
quasa
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ozzyoscy)
You openly said you don't flog them; you play a game to its absolute fullest, then return it for a refund!
same principle, i cant help it if a lot of games take less than 2 weeks to complete (which means I can get a refund, or in the case of amazon, 1 month return policy).
Last edited by quasa; 2 weeks ago
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I got the Sims 4 for free which on the surface of it looks like a good deal but then you have a look at the obscene prices E.A. charge for the D.L.C. and it becomes apparent that it really isn't.
quasa
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
I got the Sims 4 for free which on the surface of it looks like a good deal but then you have a look at the obscene prices E.A. charge for the D.L.C. and it becomes apparent that it really isn't.
im so glad nfs heat got rid of lootboxes. made the game much more enjoyable.
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by quasa)
same principle, i cant help it if a lot of games take less than 2 weeks to complete (which means I can get a refund, or in the case of amazon, 1 month return policy).
WTF? One is demanding a refund after playing a game to its fullest, the other is selling it on as pre-owned because you're done, that's completely different ends of the morality scale. Such a fraud.
Picnic1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Uncharted 4 is currently under 8 pounds on the PlayStation store. It's a weirdly constructed game, I find, in level design choices (although that lack of obviousness should aid replayability), but the graphics, some setpieces, and the Elena/Nathan relationship are very well done and it's mostly a leisurely enough game (too leisurely?) that it's like being on holiday.
Last edited by Picnic1; 1 week ago
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by quasa)
recently I decided to download steam after getting something a few years ago but never getting around to installing it.

To my surprise, a $15 bundle I paid (~£12) ages ago was still valid. this was as part of a charity discount rockstar games was doing for the rainforest alliance. for $15, I got GTA3, vice city, san andreas, GTA4 & episodes from liberty city (it is now the complete edition as steam had to merge them), max payne1,2,3 (including dlc for 3), LA Noire &DLC, manhunt, bully complete edition. whilst I doubt i will play manhunt and max payne, the others are games I enjoyed or in the case of la noire, want to try.

Also got persona 5 ultimate edition in 2018 for £21 (RRp was £84) from playstation store.

So yeah, what's the best discounts you've gotten on games?
If it is just about steam games, the Mega Man parts 1-6 I got as Legacy collection on steam were bargains. Did not even pay for the collection, it was a christmas gift in the last year. And even if I would had paid, I had saved hundreds of pounds. The original games for NES are a rarity and thus pretty expensive. The prices for these games are about 60 up to 90 pounds. Do the math.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (152)
38.1%
Take autumn exams (123)
30.83%
Look for a job (14)
3.51%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.26%
Take a year out (68)
17.04%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (25)
6.27%

Watched Threads