Turn on thread page Beta

What symptoms do you get after drinking too much? watch

ReputationRep:
    I hope this is the appropriate forum

I ask because sometimes when i drink a lot i get some quite odd symptoms. For example my jaw starts to feel quite tingly and my chest feels quite tight (like heart palpitations. although i've never had a problem with this i find it makes me panic a little) and i feel really hot. Drinking outside i don't get it so much. It sounds worse than it is but i wonder if this is normal? Taking deep breathes makes it feel better and it usually doesn't last too long.

ReputationRep:
    beer goggles

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about the palputations, but when I drink, I know when to stop, and that's when my teeth start to feel tingly! I have no idea if this is normal, but I'm pretty sure it's not dangerous, so it can't matter too much.

ReputationRep:
    Mental age regression.
    Disorientation.

ReputationRep:
    Just the usual: falling over and finding oneself willing to swim in things.

ReputationRep:
    when i have hangover i dont feel ill i just get really depressed for some reason.

still doesnt stop me drinking.

that and kleptomania.

ReputationRep:
    I loose all feeling in my face.

I'm not joking.

ReputationRep:
    Cerebellar dysfunction, funny that.

ReputationRep:
    I actually become able to talk to people - and what I say actually makes sense.

And then I feel dizzy.

i seem to go either, deaf or unable to control my own volume.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1721)
    when i have hangover i dont feel ill i just get really depressed for some reason.
    I get that a bit too. I imagine it's some sort of blood-sugar thing and can be alleviated by eating certain things during the evening.

Random Bowl movements the day after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deadgenius)
    I don't know about the palputations, but when I drink, I know when to stop, and that's when my teeth start to feel tingly! I have no idea if this is normal, but I'm pretty sure it's not dangerous, so it can't matter too much.
    yeah sounds like what i get around the jaw. good to know that's normal. the thing is when i was little i used to have seizures and the teeth thing always feels like i used to get a couple of minutes before a fit so it always worries me a lot. haven't had a seizure in 5 years though and i'm offically no longer epileptic so i want it to stay that way.

i dont know if they are actual palpitations but my heart feels tight. this doens't happen often though and i think it's psychological as i have a real paranoia about heart problems and once i get it in my head it gets worse lol. i'm a worrier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allthewayhome)

I'm not joking.
    once again that sounds a lot like what i describe with my jaw.

do you find yourself having to twitch your mouth and cheeks a lot just to check you are still working properly?

ReputationRep:
    **** the RDA

ReputationRep:
    pregnancy...

ReputationRep:
    Red bull and other caffine drinks that are used as mixers can cause the heart palputations so if i were you id avoid drinking them and see if thats where your problem lies.

ReputationRep:
    By definition, a hangover?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allthewayhome)

I'm not joking.

I kinda get that as well, as sorta numb feeling. It's quite nice actually.

Just the usual, more confidence in doing stupid things, disorientation. I dont seem to get hangovers though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HJV)
    By definition, a hangover?
    I've never had a hangover, no matter how much I drink. :cool:

Generally I just fall asleep, where ever I am. Bus, club, floor, etc. :no: Not good.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.