Reducing Minimum deposits on Houses

Watch
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Leading to property price inflation.... As everyone who has a job now floods into the market.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/real-lif...84#source=push

In short, graduating in 2016-2019 and getting a job was a goldengoose.

2020-2025 graduates will likely be screwed, when the overexobernance of inflation drives prices way up.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
90% mortgage isn't that exciting. We bought our first house with a 95% mortgage and at that time (2008) 120% morgages were on offer to almost anyone who could sign their name.

It is funny how first time buyers who are struggling are single 20 something grads when most first time buyers for some years now have been 30 something couples. Bide you time and enjoy your youth!
L i b
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yeah, you can still get a 95% mortgage, so this isn't really news outside of one lender...
History98
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
In my opinion the government should focus on trying to increase the housing supply instead of trying to interfere in the financial market. In part, I think the government has had some moderate success with this as the number of new dwelling per year has increased slightly over the past few years and is at around 170K new dwellings a year (with around 80% being houses and 20% being flats). The current UK population is increasing at a rate of just under 400K so if these new dwellings can accommodate over 2.3 people each then the supply-demand aspect of the housing issue will get better.
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
They don’t need to reduce deposits, it should be 90% minimum.

They simply need to build enough public and private housing in the right areas
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Build more homes is the main thing. A small contributor to making it easier to buy homes would be for stamp duty to be paid by the seller, or a form of profit tax on houses instead. Money that would be spent on stamp duty can go towards a deposit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (34)
17.8%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (53)
27.75%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (104)
54.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed